New 3" Full range TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you planet10, wonderful designs!

But at the end I prefer to simulate and realize my own project, though works certainly worst than the design of expert people like Scottmose, you and other :D

For the moment I would like to use the W3-871 also to compare with my actual DCAAV design with the same speaker.

Now, I like the Woden Baby Labs suggested by you (planet10) in one of the first post, but I don't know how simulate it because there are 3 segment with different cross- section and I am not able to put this three segment in hornesp withouth adding a conical "interface" between the two segment with different cross-section. But the problem it is that it is only possible to put 4 different segment in Hornesp but to simulate it is required 3 segment + 2 "interface" segment.

I have made some other simulation with a mass loaded TL and this is the results:

This is the simulation of a normal TL of length 110cm and s=55cm^2
Tl-Sim-V2.png

How I can remove the various notch frequency? I see that if I increase the distance between the TL output and the speaker the notch is highly reduced but still remain some sharp peak.

I add some filling but still remain.

Thank you very much at all!

Now if I add some damping material inside the box:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The peak might be difficulat to remove given that the W3-871 is not really suited to a box with a hole in it, unless heavily damped (ie pushed towards aperiodic).

If playing with the shape and venting doesn’t sort your issue, try increasing the density of stuffing. You might well have to do this after build as the parameters needed to sim damping start to fail as density increase.

dave

Hi Planet10,
Thank you very much for your help :)

Now, I am trying to simulate this TABAQ: TABAQ with FaitalPro 3FE22

This is the results:

I understand my problem, I use too low filling
For example in this simulation I use only 7g of stuffing:

I don't understand why I obtain always 10dB higher gain simulating with Hornesp, If I use the SW Trasmission line of Leonardaudio I obtain the correct gain.

Now, for the speaker I think to use the W3-1364S that seems to be good.

This is the results, the filling is quit low (23g), can be OK?

The roll-off of my simulation and the simulation of TABAQ with FaitalPro 3FE22 is about the same :)

One questions, Do you think that it is a problem if the rear of the speaker is near an internal wall?

In addition, I see from the simulation that If the first segment(before the speaker) is little bit conical the response is little bit better.

Thank you again :)

Hi All,
Instead of the tang-band I would like to use the Dayton RS100-8, what do you think about this driver?

This is the simulation:

Now the acoustical power is correct, because I have set the Ang a 2xPi!

Do you think that it is a good result?

Some questions.
1.Do you think that it is a problem if the rear of the speaker is near an internal wall?

2.I see from the simulation that If the first segment(before the speaker) is little bit conical the response is little bit better, can be a good approc do the first segment conical?

3. Do you think that is necessary to add some filter to the speaker?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

I'am working on the simulation with the Dayton RS100-8. I am started from about the measures of the BabyLabs and this is the new results:

Seems to be a better results, no?
These questions are still open:
1.Do you think that it is a problem if the rear of the speaker is near an internal wall?
2. Do you think that is necessary to add some filter to the speaker?
3. Should I put the output mouth of the MLTL in the front pannel?

Thank you very much!

Some questions.

Seems to be a better results, no?

2.I see from the simulation that If the first segment(before the speaker) is little bit conical the response is little bit better, can be a good approc do the first segment conical?

3. Do you think that is necessary to add some filter to the speaker?

Depends on your performance goals, location/orientation, room acoustics.

It can be, so how close?

Again, depends on your performance goals, etc.. As a general rule, 'FR' speakers usually need some sort of baffle step compensation [BSC]: General Speaker Related Articles

Depends....... the notches, 'ripple' you've been trying to reduce/delete in your sims are due to driver, vent path length differences in the way HR displays/calculates the summed output's frequency response, so use 'path' in 'chamber' to find optimal offset, though ideally we want the driver, vent located at a pipe's odd harmonics, which normally means putting the vent near/at the bottom of the baffle. If so, then 'path' offset will be = L23.

GM

Hi GM,
Thank you very much for your help!

The speaker will be positioned on a drawers in the bed room and drived with an class D amplifier (FX audio FX-AUDIO FX1002A)

For example 1-2cm.

Now I will read the article on the baffle step compensation! Thank you again!
I have trayed to eliminate the valley in the region of 600Hz but, for the moment, I'am not able to do that, can be a problem?

Instead, I have eliminated the "first valley" by tuning the driver position!

Thank you again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.