Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sonido 250 Open Baffle
Sonido 250 Open Baffle
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2019, 05:08 PM   #11
djn is online now djn  United States
diyAudio Member

opps, I built the H frames wit the Goldwood 15" not the 18".
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:33 PM   #12
Mattes is offline Mattes  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Duc,

before I bought my AE Dipole 18, I had lots of fun with an AD R 1830 in a moderate sized OB. Depending on baffle size for the Sonido, I would be careful with an H-frame for the woofer when going passive, as you most likely will find that a crossover frequency between 250 and 350 Hz works well, and then you´re in the resonance region of any folded baffle, not good.

The R 1830 worked quite well with both a TB 1808 and a EMS LB8; should be fine with the Sonido as well. I even have a pair, should you be interested, just send me a PM.

All the best and lots of fun with the Sonido

Mattes

Sonido 250 Open BaffleHide this!Advertise here!