Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lii Audio 15" full range
Lii Audio 15" full range
Lii Audio 15" full range Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2019, 08:53 AM   #21
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

If you are shortening them I'd suggest you do away with the rounded top, rectangular will split up the interference nulls and smooth the response Electro-acoustic models
Old 13th November 2019, 09:08 AM   #22
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Half round [or even round] with driver offset is superior overall, but the measured proof is long gone from the net and ATM can't think of any textbook, paper, etc., that addresses it.

GM
Old 13th November 2019, 11:45 AM   #23
nicoch58 is offline nicoch58  Europe
diyAudio Member

edge-basta
http://www.tolvan.com/index.php?page=/edge/edge.php

Tolvan Data

Last edited by nicoch58; 13th November 2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 13th November 2019, 11:45 AM   #24
nicoch58 is offline nicoch58  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Half round [or even round] with driver offset is superior overall, but the measured proof is long gone from the net and ATM can't think of any textbook, paper, etc., that addresses it.

GM
nice paper tnx
Old 13th November 2019, 12:06 PM   #25
picowallspeaker is offline picowallspeaker  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasniew View Post
I'm hoping someone can suggest where to arrange the 15" driver cutout on the surface
Since you have four, I suggest to make concentric shapes and use 4 layers for making the baffle in 3D. A picture would explain better...
Just make four figures and glue them to form a concentric and protruding shape.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:18 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Still, I think that the Lii 15" needs some tweeter ( and so some crossover in the 7-10 kHz range) to overcome the issue of lack of directivity at the sides ( or > dispersion)
But- yes, which tweeter ?

The enormity of the cone says no-no to almost any regular tweeter -and you don't want a BG RD 50 in horizontal...
Old 13th November 2019, 12:27 PM   #27
paulfk is offline paulfk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

As my hearing is no good above 12Khz I noticed no improvement with a ribbon tweeter my friend added when he borrowed my 15's. In open baffle they sound excellent with a nice natural sound. A little lacking in the bass but depends what you listen to.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:39 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Oh yes, a little lacking in the bass, that's what I fear.
Nevertheless, here's the sketch of a 'protruding' baffle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jukebox.jpg (65.3 KB, 205 views)
Old 14th November 2019, 10:20 AM   #29
FullRangeMan is offline FullRangeMan  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picowallspeaker View Post
Still, I think that the Lii 15" needs some tweeter ( and so some crossover in the 7-10 kHz range) to overcome the issue of lack of directivity at the sides ( or > dispersion)
But- yes, which tweeter ?

The enormity of the cone says no-no to almost any regular tweeter -and you don't want a BG RD 50 in horizontal...
With a tweeter and a xover all theharmonics and the musical presence will be lost.
Old 14th November 2019, 10:23 AM   #30
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

How do you mean?

Lii Audio 15" full rangeHide this!Advertise here!