Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

42mm FR Drivers from Banggood?
42mm FR Drivers from Banggood?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2019, 10:13 PM   #21
3rutu5 is offline 3rutu5  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th element View Post
"linkwitz transform"
Dont suppose you have a photo of what a LT looks like assembled?
Old 12th October 2019, 11:54 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

i just had a look at the LT calculator online as it was readily available. the Caps and resistors is there any recommendation behind picking them? ie 250v or 400v and 10w and 5w etc.

THe triangle configuration confuses me a little as well, as it goes from positive from the amp, to negative, then splits?
Attached Images
File Type: gif circuit.gif (8.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 13th October 2019, 10:29 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

ok, as it happens, i just happen to have a 2.1ch class d amp board sitting in a box and a TEBM65. If i can figure out this LT filter, i could boost the 3.5inch in the 0.06 cuft box and i think the low pass will kick in around 100-140hz so it will act like a ghetto sub. as for the TEBM35's they can operate around that 80-100hz. if memory serves me correct, you would generally need to use a LT in a sealed box, is that correct?

Either that or the TEBM's with a oval shaped PR each (thinking from PUI Audio). They (PUI Audio) did have some interesting looking and sounding drivers as well, just not a lot of information and no reviews to speak of.

I had some scrap ply strips and glued them up to make a few 12mm panels and created an overall box with internal dimensions of 300x66x90mm (overall 0.06cuft)

Any thoughts @5th element @xrk971
Old 16th October 2019, 07:00 PM   #24
5th element is offline 5th element  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

The triangle is a circuit symbol for an opamp. The zigzag lines are resistors and the two lines capacitors. The other lines are the connecting wires, or traces on a PCB that link everything together.

Google opa2134 and look at the datasheet for an opamp. These aren't passive devices. They need a power supply. Or NE5532.

LTs only work with sealed enclosures. When designing the component values make sure to keep the resistor values low to minimise noise. Say aim to keep them between 500 and 10,000 ohms and size the capacitors to fit.
Old 16th October 2019, 08:50 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Right, I would never have guessed the opamp. Might be best I Photoshop up the parts and how I think they sit and get power and post it to see if I understand correctly.

42mm FR Drivers from Banggood?Hide this!Advertise here!