New Markaudio Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A lot of you have asked me over the last year or so when the Mark audio website will be updated with all of the new drivers that have been introduced over the last 18 months or so. I'm pleased to say that not only have they been added, but that there is an entirely new website with new resources for you to take a look at. Cruise by - Markaudio | The home of Markaudio full range drivers You guys will be some of the first to take a look at it so if you find anything that doesn't work properly, be sure to let me know and I'll pass it on.

I also love the simplicity of the site. Very easy to navigate. There is one sentence, however, on the MAOP page that doesn’t read clearly to me.

“The crystal grows both outward into the substrate and outward.”

MAOP | Markaudio

Can this be clarified?

Yes, perhaps Mark can provide detailed description of the process - including photographs that I want to remember- from content archived from the old manufacturer’s forum here ?

I like the new website it is very clean and speedy.
Scott - regarding your Pensil plans for the 11MS where would be the optimal position for the port if the speaker driver were mounted on the long side as opposed to the specified short side?
Thanks a bunch,
Mark

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I like the new website it is very clean and speedy.
Scott - regarding your Pensil plans for the 11MS where would be the optimal position for the port if the speaker driver were mounted on the long side as opposed to the specified short side?
Thanks a bunch,
Mark

As long as the vent is the same distance from the bottom (in all the pensils at the bottom), it does not really matter what side it is one (ignoring wall loading, but that is unable), or even what shape — we have been trying out the semi-circle that Scott 1st proposed for the defund Festival Series (which might well come back for A7/11ms and A12p, maybe A12pw (which i personally prefer as a FR),

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=781988&stc=1&d=1568834196

Looks like early A11,ms and A10.3 are already drawn in early stage.

It should be noted that these can be folded and get the Demetri/Mileva shape.
dave

Attachments

• festival-group.png
    festival-group.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 290
Stefan - FWIW, I just opened it up on two separate machines / browsers - W10 / Mozilla Firefox on wired network (speed test just over 300 Mbsp) and iPad / Chrome on WiFi (speed test varies depending on distance from nearest repeater pod, but averages around 38-40 when only one user)

It's about twice as fast to load a new page from the home page on the wired as on the WiFi. ( ie. 1-2 seconds vs maybe 3?)

PS, I should have added that some of the pages on this site - most particularly when heavy with higher res photos can be at least as slow to load on my iPad as Stefan’s.

Last edited:
Dave, I’ve switched gear around a bit over the past year or so to get better wireless coverage throughout the house and into the back yard - the far part of which is a good 80ft from the modem/ router.
I found the new Shaw /Bluewave package to work quite well - a huge improvement over the prior two - with a couple of caveats: pods are not warranted for use outdoors, so at least one needs to be on the outside wall nearest to the backyard, and the base station has only 2 LAN outputs, but decent powered 1GB hubs are cheap enough these days to render that issue moot. These are OEM modules with no discernible manufacturer’s name.
The higher speed on both connections sure helps when you have a minimum of 5 devices on the wifi and two on the hardwired at any given time. Then when company’s over, things can get a big boggy.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.