Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Markaudio Website
New Markaudio Website
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2019, 05:24 PM   #11
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Be nice to have a section devoted to the CSS and any other drivers [if any], DIY, etc., and any obsolete MA models for prosperity.

GM
Old 18th September 2019, 06:49 PM   #12
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

New Markaudio Website
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeart View Post
Dave, do you always find my site slow?
Yes. I try to avoid it because of the slow load times (but link to it often to send people your way)

dave.
Old 18th September 2019, 07:22 PM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

New Markaudio Website
Quote:
Originally Posted by airkitty View Post
I like the new website it is very clean and speedy.
Scott - regarding your Pensil plans for the 11MS where would be the optimal position for the port if the speaker driver were mounted on the long side as opposed to the specified short side?
Thanks a bunch,
Mark
As long as the vent is the same distance from the bottom (in all the pensils at the bottom), it does not really matter what side it is one (ignoring wall loading, but that is unable), or even what shape we have been trying out the semi-circle that Scott 1st proposed for the defund Festival Series (which might well come back for A7/11ms and A12p, maybe A12pw (which i personally prefer as a FR),

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...1&d=1568834196

Looks like early A11,ms and A10.3 are already drawn in early stage.

It should be noted that these can be folded and get the Demetri/Mileva shape.
dave
Attached Images
File Type: png festival-group.png (6.7 KB, 201 views)
Old 18th September 2019, 08:00 PM   #14
orangeart is offline orangeart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Yes. I try to avoid it because of the slow load times (but link to it often to send people your way)

dave.
Would you mind having another look? If it's been a long while since you looked, hopefully you'll find it's quick enough now. I pay a ridiculous amount for the quickest servers!

Ta.
Old 18th September 2019, 08:14 PM   #15
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Stefan - FWIW, I just opened it up on two separate machines / browsers - W10 / Mozilla Firefox on wired network (speed test just over 300 Mbsp) and iPad / Chrome on WiFi (speed test varies depending on distance from nearest repeater pod, but averages around 38-40 when only one user)

It's about twice as fast to load a new page from the home page on the wired as on the WiFi. ( ie. 1-2 seconds vs maybe 3?)

PS, I should have added that some of the pages on this site - most particularly when heavy with higher res photos can be at least as slow to load on my iPad as Stefan’s.

Last edited by chrisb; 18th September 2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 18th September 2019, 08:25 PM   #16
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

New Markaudio Website
Much better when i tried it just now. Excellent!

dave
Old 18th September 2019, 08:48 PM   #17
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Dave, I’ve switched gear around a bit over the past year or so to get better wireless coverage throughout the house and into the back yard - the far part of which is a good 80ft from the modem/ router.
I found the new Shaw /Bluewave package to work quite well - a huge improvement over the prior two - with a couple of caveats: pods are not warranted for use outdoors, so at least one needs to be on the outside wall nearest to the backyard, and the base station has only 2 LAN outputs, but decent powered 1GB hubs are cheap enough these days to render that issue moot. These are OEM modules with no discernible manufacturer’s name.
The higher speed on both connections sure helps when you have a minimum of 5 devices on the wifi and two on the hardwired at any given time. Then when company’s over, things can get a big boggy.

Last edited by chrisb; 18th September 2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 18th September 2019, 09:16 PM   #18
Scottmoose is offline Scottmoose  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm on a rubbish connection, with a rubbish wireless router, & it seems faster than the bowels of a baboon after the insertion of a steam-powered mutton vindaloo suppository. Although admittedly I don't have extensive experience in ramming such devices up the fundament of primates.
Old 18th September 2019, 09:28 PM   #19
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

But you rattled that off so effortlessly that it sounds like you’ve been giving some thought?

Why the steam? - and don’t ever mistake Vick’s VapoRub for Vaseline.
Old 18th September 2019, 09:36 PM   #20
Scottmoose is offline Scottmoose  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

A weekend indulgence only.

New Markaudio WebsiteHide this!Advertise here!