Full range driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just saw an English made KT150 SE. 18w in triode, 28w in UL.

1564593032-027986700.jpg

Stereo 30 SE Single Ended Integrated Amplifier - Stereo 30SE - Integrated Amplifiers

dave

his cost a little over 2,300 pounds. A bit expensive for me.

No need to apologize, we've all been one. ;)

In general, yes, i.e. max box size/shape, main usage [computer, bedroom, HT, whatever], basic details of the room, where the speakers/main listening position is desired, etc.; IOW all the info required that allows us to best overall meet the needs/desires of your app since the room dominates its performance once you're more than [>] ~ 1m/4ft away and even then, if on a desk anywhere near a wall it will still dominate much of the most critical bandwidth [BW] of all, the 250-2500 Hz telephone BW.

GM

Ahh, OK. So the box size will be 33" tall, 18" in length from front to back and 16" wide. It will be a front baffle enclosure. I'm not sure if I am going to use a single or dual port. I will test both options before I make the final product. As for room size, Im looking at a mid sized living room. And the speakers will be away from the wall..

OK,.... the owner of Sonido speakers responded. He said the speakers are 24W RMS.

Hi Iheaka,

oh, 24 watts, that´s good, 23 would have been a lot worse...
Jokes aside, it´s a pretty meaningless number. You can play an 8-inch fullrange driver to nice middle room levels, until it will start to sound stressed. It will need only a few watts to do that, if you have those in good quality and a generous headroom, the driver will withstand it.
If you need your music louder, you must do something. Mechanical resonators (BR) and amplifiers (horns) will help, a bass helper driver will help as well, and then with a crossover you´re reducing the load on the FR driver.
If you need a number, you might roughly calculate voicecoil wire area in cm² and multiply by 5 to get the watts. But again, it doesn´t mean much...

Best regards

Mattes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.