started gluing my Frugel-Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try the Pensils for the A7.3, I suspect they might have a higher WAF quotient. As for the Decware and Hafler, it might be time to think about a small class D unit? Some of them are smaller than the tissue box at left end of cabinet, and not all are hurtful to the ears.
How many / what formats are your program sources?

Hi Chris,

Right now for inputs I use an Amazon Echo and bluetooth. I have a box of CDs, but no player. These are my mules, but I wanted to give them a fair listening for a bit. The Haffler could go on the floor under the table, but the Decware is on loan from a friend. Right now I am on serious budget constraints and don't see things changing for a while. Unless everyone decides to buy a few FH kits from me. HINT HINT!!

I think it's the height of the speakers the has an issue with, they do seem out of place in the room. I also could put my old Pioneer reciver in the spot where the Xbox is...

Heat dissipation might be an issue for the Hafler - for my money even if you think you’re not gonna be using s lot of power, it’s impossible to have too much ventilation.
The same could be an issue for the Pioneer receiver if tucked in that enclosed shelf space. Heat is a bit like high blood pressure - unless you carefully monitor for and control it, it’s a silent killer.

Pensils are a bit taller than the FH3, and roughly the same width, but much shallower and easily tucked back to the wall. If you can find some large cardboard boxes, you could mock one up and see if it passes the WAF test.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.