Project: CBT array, balanced DML, delay curved

Thanks for the information. Could you explain more about narrow dispersion angles relative to array length, please. I'm not familiar with the topic.
From Keele-CBT-Paper-10-Sept.-2016-Design-of-CBT-Loudspeaker-Line-Arrays-for-Sound-Reinforcement.pdf

Wide angle of 51.3 degrees cut off at 200Hz, array height needed is 2.5m.
Narrow angle of 14.46 degrees cut off at 400Hz, array height needed is 3.32m
Interestingly this is the same rule for even a waveguide. The mouth size depends not only on the frequency cut-off but also on coverage angle. Lower coverage angle needs bigger size than higher coverage angles.

By the way I hate "cut-off" as definition. With speaker stuff, all changes are gradual, but the steepness (Q) of change may vary. Waveguide/horn loading limit is rather steep vs. baffle step.

Attachments

• keele.jpg
    keele.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 210
Ah, the goal. Wide sound stage + precise imaging + high intelligibility for home theater.

According to posts I've read by Earl Geddes, wide sound stage and precise imaging are apparently in acoustical conflict with one another.

Although I've made about a million posts about Unity horns over the last 20 years, the reason that my favorite speaker of all time is the Beolab 90 is because you can literally change the beamwidth from your chair. A phone app where you can go for a wide sound stage or precise imaging, depending on how you feel that day!

It's incredible.