cab options for coral beta 10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmm, something has to soften it or they couldn't have made it, but not being a chemist I find it way too tedious to decode patents, chemical formulas, so out of suggestions for now if neither Wintergreen nor Vit, E skin oil doesn't work.

Did you try these types of oil heated up to hmm 115 deg like might happen on a really hot day in mid America?

GM

I’ve not tried wintergreen yet as the last time I used it it made my tt mat swell up to twice it’s size! Lol
After giving it another clean with alcohol and running test tones through it for 4 hours I got the q(ts) down to 1.4 again, hopefully it stays but I doubt it.

some good news!
after last nights swap with ipa and a good loosening up session it seems to have stablised at 1.4 q(ts),still double the other driver but its come down from 2.1.
so there is hope,ive ordered some glycerin but it seems like the ipa is doing the trick.
i still dont really know how these measurements help with cabinet building but im in no rush so more reading to do.
just to say thanks guys for your tips and advice so far.

Hi Jamie,

sad to see your trouble with the drivers, and hope that you manage to bring them back to at least near to original specs... even your "better" driver is too far off from what is reasonable for a bass reflex box.
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Your clamping device for the measurements is a good thing, but of course it must be amagnetic.

Good luck and all the best

Mattes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.