Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is Voxativ the right FR for Rock/Metal music?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2019, 11:09 AM   #21
Miracle1980 is offline Miracle1980  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately I cannot "put" extra speakers in my room... there is not enough space.
The offer for the wooden Voxativ drivers (Ac-1.8) is actually very good...so I might take the risk and go for it.

I will let you know how it goes and my feedback in case of drivers replacement...
Old 17th July 2019, 11:28 AM   #22
darkmatter is offline darkmatter  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris661 View Post
I'd recommend against "HiFi" "full-range" drivers for rock music, particularly if you like to crank it up.
So far, the best I've had in my room has been an 8" midbass and a 1" compression driver. Rage Against the Machine was an experience.

Chris
As a matter of interest, which drivers did you use?
Old 17th July 2019, 11:29 AM   #23
darkmatter is offline darkmatter  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quite like the look of the Seas 8" FR units

The Seas Prestige FA22RCZ (H1597-08) 8" Fullrange looks good value, then there is the Exotic units?
Old 17th July 2019, 11:33 AM   #24
Rewind is offline Rewind  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Accordning to a user of the AER BD4 fullrange speaker it has a certain volume setting that works best. Maybe that is also true for the Voxative. Fullrange speakers can be finicky, I guess.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:44 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Saturday I'm going to upgrade my Euphorias speakers with Voxativ Ac-1.8 (wood membrane). Soon I'm able to provide some feedbacks about them...
Old 17th July 2019, 04:02 PM   #26
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
As a matter of interest, which drivers did you use?
- Seas H1252-08
- B&C DE250 on an 18Sound XT120 horn

The crossover is non-trivial, but I like the results a lot. The goal was to have a good-sounding system using a commercial HiFi amp (ie, has useful inputs, a remote control, looks okay, easy-to-use), and I managed that.

Chris
Old 21st July 2019, 12:24 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

I will provide intensive feedback later, after 1-2 weeks, but the first listening hour of Voxativ drivers inside my RD Acoustics Euphorias speakers put a big smile on my face.

I don’t want to go into details because the drivers need to burn-in a bit and I also could not play too loud because of night time...but I can already confirm that the Fostex 206en are “toys” in comparison. I didn’t expect such a difference...considering that the enclosure remained the same...
Old 21st July 2019, 12:58 AM   #28
Sonce is offline Sonce  Macedonia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle1980 View Post
No users that have Voxativ drivers and provide more feedbacks?
I also noticed that the frequency response for all their drivers is 20-20khz...how is it possible? No difference between all these drivers?
I listened to a system consisting of Voxativ Ampeggio with Voxativ T211 SET integrated amplifier. Ampeggio driver has a paper membrane and a metal phase plug in the center, I don't know which model it is. The sound quality? Excellent midrange, presence range a little bit strong, and no low bass because of horn enclosure. All in all, the best 8-inch (or 7") fullrange I have ever heard! But the price is out of this world.

20 Hz - 20 kHz frequency response? No way!

Last edited by Sonce; 21st July 2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 23rd July 2019, 03:56 AM   #29
gzubeck3 is offline gzubeck3  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle1980 View Post
I will provide intensive feedback later, after 1-2 weeks, but the first listening hour of Voxativ drivers inside my RD Acoustics Euphorias speakers put a big smile on my face.

I don’t want to go into details because the drivers need to burn-in a bit and I also could not play too loud because of night time...but I can already confirm that the Fostex 206en are “toys” in comparison. I didn’t expect such a difference...considering that the enclosure remained the same...
Why not get top of the line lowthers? PM2a or PM4a. After hearing these compared to other $200 full range drivers there is no comparison. The lowthers are 96 db and can handle 100 watts. Anything with vocals is really good. Just add a sub for rock and your good to go! YouTube

Here's a more comprehensive demo of other lowthers. YouTube

Last edited by gzubeck3; 23rd July 2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 28th July 2019, 09:04 AM   #30
ghemml is offline ghemml  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Does this considered rock enough?

YouTube

Is Voxativ the right FR for Rock/Metal music?Hide this!Advertise here!