Any suggestions for a diy rival to a Bose SoundLink mini?

At my folks and decided to give the little Bose a shot, I know understand what people were talking about. At the lower volumes it sounds bass heavy until I cranked it up and I noticed the signs of distortion. Very interesting. I thinki I could easily compete with a 0.15cuft box, with 2 TEBM'S and use the LT filter. Even maybe grab some of those generic PR's off eBay.

Last edited:
All EQ does is apply more power at some frequencies. +3dB = 2x power, and +10dB = 10x power.

What the commercial products tend to do is boost at low levels, and apply some compression to the boosted bass, so that you don't clip the amplifier.

Chris

Howdy, was an eternity ago you responded, but lets see if you remember :) I recently got a few of these low powered QCC3003 BT chip amps, where you can configure the various settings on the amp itself, from this photo can you see any area that i could configure to boost at lower levels and compression you speak of? I've been messing around using a USB-SPI programmer and pogo pin bench clip and had a little go so far, but was reluctant to go crazy with the EQ settings as i dont know what media source will be used and want to avoid having a double up of EQ's... I've built a 500ml beer can which has a 2inch peerless full range woofer firing down and the box is slightly undersized, so looking to lift the lower end on the chip itself without sacrificing too much if possible. I fluked something the other day where i got some pretty decent bass (for a 2 inch) but then stuffed it trying to get the mid/highs and not sure what i actually did. I noticed the parametric EQ in both this amp and in Winisd, which lets me help in that lower end, but not sure that giving something a 5DB lift, will end up either draining the battery faster or just sound trash.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-24 170235.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-24 170235.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 52
  • post Screenshot 2021-08-08 191359.png
    post Screenshot 2021-08-08 191359.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 57
  • pre Screenshot 2021-08-08 191123.png
    pre Screenshot 2021-08-08 191123.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 53