Looking for a Voigt plan for the Alpair 10.3 - Can you help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• samhain-snap.png
    samhain-snap.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 401
It means the slot vent is 1.75in tall, 0.75in long (front-rear i.e. build material thickness) and the full internal width. I can't say in sound terms other than noting the alignments are similar, with a slightly broader gain BW for the ML-horn. There won't be much in it in terms of output or driver excursion, and the impedance for both is quite flat, making them largely resistive / unreactive loads for the amplifier.

From my POV (and I accept there are others) when an MLTL is a viable option for a given drive unit and can achieve a similar alignment with it to an ML-horn / ML-Voigt, then the primary value of the latter is aesthetic rather than functional. The appearance of the tall triangular pipe is more or less the raison d'etre in these particular cases. The slightly broader gain BW provides a little extra loading for the driver so there are some differences in behaviour / character, but if you want a dramatic change you really need to shift to something closer to full horn loading, either a pipe-horn like the BIB or a chambered type. The above (like the pensils) is not designed for maximum extension; there are already designs that target that. I could lower Fb by increasing the forcing, but I didn't want to here; it's got quite a nice balance.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.