what might make a fun box for W8-1772?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
a proper Karlson would probably suit me best but here's a DBR and a damped pipe. Maybe there's a convertible DBR/ dual chamber arrangement where one vent can be plugged. I'm not sure how the vent length at 5.4cm would work out for the damped pipe.

Maybe an XKi - but would like that fairly small and with perhaps 50Hz bottom.

A 3rd order sealed box (assuming low source impedance) would be the smallest at 14 liters or so

NORcW0B.png

A double bass reflex (Not dual chamber reflex ala' Augspurger) tuned ripe

POY8NSE.png

A damped pipe

5uaSX0C.png

Last edited:
that's quite interesting ! - might one fudge that port system? - maybe with wood flanges and "Bondo" ? Do i understand correctly
that the alignment to which it was compared had severe peaking ?

a small Karlson would be reasonably good. I ran 1772 in one which probably had no more than 0.8 cubic foot back chamber - but
think the "cupped" cavity from its curved reflector may have emphasized a peak = oddly it did not sound at all bad - but the graph wasn't pretty. A stub to absorb the peak and some reflections would be useful in a new build.

Here's someone's 1772 in the early (1954 design) Karlson Twelve aka "Karlsonette" as K8 had not yet been released:

FWIW - I preferred a smaller K with 1772 to K12. But really liked FE206EN in several K's including K12.

646433ad5ffb65256aaf56fca45a11af.jpg

This is the little K with curved reflector which ran 1772, AN8 and FE206EN
dHdfPBm.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.