Phase plug 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone I have some questions to ask you

In retranscribing a well-known patent of phase plug I noticed several things

The first point is the coefficient of flare translated by the formula K = 4pifc / c which, for example, results from 0.19 with C "the velocity of sound in air" in inches and 0.05 in C with cm / s

The results of the calculations that follow are not the same for the expentions calculate in inches and cm

Is this normal or there are changes to be made for the calculation of the coef K

Then another remark to call me for the calculation of the flag and the more the formula of K for the pavilion and K = 2pifc / C with fc in rad / s and the plug K = 4pifc / C with fc in hz
Is normal ?

Second point calculates r1 and r2

How to calculate r1 and r2 in the photo

Edit "r1 and r2 are respectively the radii of the throat center lines as shown in FIG. 3. Direct calculation of throat radiology and r2 is possible but would require a reduction of the mathematical parameters, a difficult and unnecessary step. A simpler method is to measure the throat radii directly from the drawing as shown in "

I will continue my questions on the subject

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-04-08 092150.png
    Annotation 2019-04-08 092150.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 219

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Usually you want to keep the difference of the distance from the longest to the shortest point of the membrane to the horn throat as small as possible to reduce or avoid the interferences. That means that the patented phase plug is not ideal. That diversion from the optimum is likely a compromise to fit an existing horn and to replace parts of it for mounting other or modified drivers.

Maybe this article helps you to get an idea which is practical and which phase plug design is less optimal.

ok can you send me examples of the paper with sheet of calculus phase plug of this type because it is what I research to finally calculate my phase plug, I already have the paper for the radial phase plug but it is not what I'm looking for, by mp

I already try to contact Centaury but give no news

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.