Go Back   Home > Forums > >

W6-2144 - Design time!!
W6-2144 - Design time!!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2020, 05:19 AM   #121
eusubius is offline eusubius  Canada
diyAudio Member

Gentle 15 degree bevel on the side panels, wrapping from back, to top, then down the front.

Starting to finish with stain conditioner.

Gotta get them done for Christmas!
Attachment 897673
Old 29th November 2020, 09:11 AM   #122
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

FYI:
Quote:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
GM
Old 29th November 2020, 09:16 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusubius View Post
Set then up for tuning. They sound feast against the wall! And by feast i mean great!

GM
Old 29th November 2020, 10:01 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusubius View Post
Ok, I'll move the fat brace down to 78cm to hold the 30% zone up, and put a narrow brace behind driver to hold the 100% stuffing above that.

Any issues with the size of that fat brace? I drilled lots of holes, so it shouldn't affect the performance much, right?
Hmm, missed this post........technically, the holey brace should be vertical in high aspect ratio cabs since the major stress is along the longest axis and to maximize airflow, so can be a solid piece, but if the deep bass response is solid, then can't be restricting enough to matter.

Re stuffing; no experience w/polyfil, I mainly used loose and/or duct board fiberglass [AKA OC703 nowadays] insulation and later, Miraflex, an itch-less roll version.

Normally I loosely covered any drivers, XO with cheesecloth for the loose stuff and for just a portion of the cab, packed it in a cheesecloth 'bag' and suspended it from the top to hang down where I wanted it.

With really big cabs I sometimes 'took a page' from Bozak, using a hanging blanket of insulation, though of course it can be done in smaller tall cabs too and recommended it a few times to apparently 'deaf ears', so quit [pg. 48]: How To Build Speaker Enclosures By Alexix Badmaieff & Don Davis : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

GM
Old 29th November 2020, 12:11 PM   #125
Scottmoose is offline Scottmoose  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

It worked then. So naturally, it couldn't possibly work now.

Oddly enough, works for me.
Old 29th November 2020, 08:50 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

Still not for me.

GM
Old 14th December 2020, 12:14 PM   #127
kevner1954 is offline kevner1954  United States
diyAudio Member

Bought them going to try them in my FHXL’s
Old 14th December 2020, 06:19 PM   #128
eusubius is offline eusubius  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevner1954 View Post
Bought them going to try them in my FHXLs
Folded horns? Xtra Large?
  Reply to this post

W6-2144 - Design time!!Hide this!Advertise here!