Markaudio CHN-70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, they're not the smoothest of FR curves of Mark's drivers, but then again they were tailored specifically that way.
Among my numerous redundant / experimental builds over the past dozen or so years, I used a pair of them per side in a variant of Castle Microtower, and didn't personally find them all that hurtful. They were adopted into a good home a few years ago, and no complaints from the new owners.

I wanted to like it, I bought one to test. The published FR was actually misleading and much has been written about that. The driver is well made, but it's harsh. I'm one of those folk that are sensitive to such things whereas others crave the 'aliveness'. I would not recommend the driver unheard to anybody, especially as there are so many other drivers you can choose instead.

Time to check in on N70 status

So why is this driver continued to get so many very bad reviews, I have them in my Pensil A7 pensil cabinets, WOW, after (200 hrs of breakin at 5-8) the bass is really big and tight and the rest is fantastic....Jimi Hendrix, ...etc.
Anybody else listening to this great little driver in the Pensil. I'm listening to Johnny Lang (so sorry to hear about his throat problems) thru these with my Akitika amp, wow just wow, anybody else?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.