Speaker to use with ”blanda” speaker 12 cm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Driver to use with ”blanda” speaker 12 cm

Hi

As the title states, I’m hoping you can suggest a full range driver
to use with Ikea blanda 12 cm bowl. My plan is to make a spherical speaker like many others have done but a tad smaller. I’m willing to spend up to around 30 dollars/driver as this a first.

If there is a driver I can use without any filter whatsoever I would be happy. If it needs “stuffing” please suggest what kind and roughly how much you would use.

The plan is to convince my sister that it can sound better than a 1 inch plastic speaker (total size 5 cm). :)

Thank you,
Nick

Last edited:
Can anyone give some input on these two drivers:

SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4 2.5" Full Range
and
Peerless 830984 2.5" Full Range 8 ohm

According to madisound they are supposed to go in 0.5-1 L and 1 L enclosures respectively.

Fountek FR88EX 3" Full Range also has a suggested volume of 0.5-1.5 L
.……………

What about using:
Markaudio CHR-70-Gold Champagne
Cone 4" Full Range
Or
Markaudio CHP-70-P Gen2 Natural Paper

In a spherical speaker makes our two 20 cm blanda bowls?

Any input is much appreciated

Thank you,
Nick

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
what do you want to correct on this :)

Attachments

• 3fe22.png
    3fe22.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 220
True! It looks good. It’s also cheap and that’s always positive when building your first speaker. :) Do you think I should any dampening material inside?

Ps, is it suitable in a 0.9 L enclosure (not counting the area that’s reduced by the driver)?

Last edited:

Yes to the or second question? :) IF you menat the firat, then hos Mich and what material?

The problem i see with that driver is the protruding screws holes. To make the speaker decent looking. I have very limited time between travels and family and round driver would things much easier. You have any 100% round driver you would like to suggest?

Thank you for your help thus far. As a complete newb I take all the help I can get.

Last edited:
Yes to the or second question? :) IF you menat the firat, then hos Mich and what material?

Hehe it seems I forgot to switch keyboard from Swedish to English before typing. I think it should be something like, “ if you meant the first, then what material”. At least something like that. Not good when you can’t interpret your own sentences. :)

No more suggestion as what drivers I could use in a 12 cm Ikea bowl speakers? I would gladly use the drivers suggested by adason if it weren’t for the protrusions (screw holes).

What’s BSC

/nick

Hehe it seems I forgot to switch keyboard from Swedish to English before typing. I think it should be something like, “ if you meant the first, then what material”. At least something like that. Not good when you can’t interpret your own sentences. :)

No more suggestion as what drivers I could use in a 12 cm Ikea bowl speakers? I would gladly use the drivers suggested by adason if it weren’t for the protrusions (screw holes).

What’s BSC

/nick

Hi, as I’m building a very similar pair of full range speakers using the Ikea 20cm bowls, I’m wondering what speakers you decided on in the end - and how do they sound? I’m considering either Dayton Audio PS95s, Dayton Audio ND90 or Tang Band 1364 each will no correction circuit - and using a Nobsound NS10G Bluetooth amp. Would love to hear from you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.