I'd like to kinda clone theese, any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been all over this place looking for something clean like this, with the Fostex FE168EZ drovers:

Tune Audio Prime
They carry a ridiculous price tag, some 8000 USD and I wonder what justifies that price.

I find Fostex' Sigma line visually appealingand i reckon they have a slightly higher WAF than other drivers.

I've been eying the FHXL and I will probably head in that direction if i cant find anything similiar to the Tune Audio Prime.

it would be helpful to have an input impedance plot to make some guesses how the airspace is utilized - none of the reviews gave any data that I could see (?) - there's not much "mouth" area. The horn experts here
should be able to give hints on what best fits ~100 l and that Fostex in a rectangular floor firing box. (there's a 1-15" subwoofer with amp for $24K)

Last edited:
might not be a good horn example but one illustration using the ferrite 168

AivJuIX.jpg

Strange two ideas based on the same commercial speaker come at the same time.

Dallas II modification

I liked the idea of the Dallas II but not sure about thevlooks when I spotted the Tune Audio Primes which on the face of it looked like a very similar design but in a more conventional box externally.

However, designing the horn from scratch seem difficult and modifying the Dallas II has uncertain outcomes so I have reverted to the original design and looking at ways to make it mor pleasing to my eye.

Good luck with the search but the lack of info on the internals of the Tune Audio may make it difficult.

Tune Audio Prime
They carry a ridiculous price tag, some 8000 USD and I wonder what justifies that price.

Certainly not the looks.:D

I find Fostex' Sigma line visually appealing and i reckon they have a slightly higher WAF than other drivers.

I always considered enclosure size/shape to have a bigger impact on WAF than the divers.

I've been eyeing the FHXL and I will probably head in that direction if i cant find anything similar to the Tune Audio Prime.

FHXL with A10p is a very competent speaker, and visually appealing.

jeff

Certainly not the looks.:D

I always considered enclosure size/shape to have a bigger impact on WAF than the divers.

FHXL with A10p is a very competent speaker, and visually appealing.

jeff

I like the brutalist style, clean, straight and square and the sigmas bring a quirky contrast with their flowery appearance. The SO on the other hand hates this hobby.

FWIW, based on the enclosure dimensions and the expansion path length claimed, along with Alan Sircom's remarks in his review of the speaker, I would assume it's just an expanding single-fold quarter-wave, with a minor amount of mass-loading provided by the down-firing terminus & the air-gap to the floor. No real mysteries about those; they can work well enough when implemented well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.