Best box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GM

Joined 2003
You're welcome!

Yes, its low Qt 'allows' pretty much any practical taper since adding BSC can include some additional series resistance to raise its effective Qts [Qts'] to 'fill' the larger, normally lower tuned MLTL and even lower tuned, expanding ML-TQWT/ML-horn, but the constant tapered MLTL requires the least internal damping for a given bulk, tuning, hence most acoustically efficient overall, not to mention my main reason for adopting/embracing/endorsing it since 1968, easiest overall to build. ;)

Qts' = Qts + any added series resistance [Rs]: mh-audio.nl - Home

GM

GM

Joined 2003
Did you search this forum with no luck? Google?

Truly curious as I only had half a clue, but chose to search for them, which took me straight to a lot of dead host site pages as well as the functioning main page, but after that it became a bit of a 'treasure hunt', winding up somewhere I don't recall ever seeing or plans of speaker designs I've never heard of AFAIK. [Dr.] Scott[moose] was even busier than I thought!

GM

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Is the plans for free?

The archived Spawn plans are free. You’d want one of the Changs… there are 3 or 4.

I would not remove the whizzer. I am no longer in favour of XO frequencies where the driver centre-to-centre exceeds a quarter wave-length.

The 98¢ whizzer trick, massaging the rim (a GM trick), zig 2-way glue on the back at the top and under the rim. And phase plugs. These have the cones done too.

58.jpg

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.