Full range Alu cone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys , messing around with sort of full range drivers for the first time and oh my ! I’m using a sb nbac woofer which breaks up hardcore in the higher kHz but because dsp is awesome I can equalise for a +-3b response . Oh; and it’s baffleless. Super basic, and super effective. Crossed over to OB sub at 160hz.

I fear to look at a waterfall plot for them though , I imagine the 10khz region wouid be extremely messy but I have noted that this actually can contribute to intruments like a guitar sounding real and there.

I was actually quite startled when I listened to these for the first time , razor imaging.

Just my 1 Aussie dollar (2 cents for you Americans!)

Happy new year everybody , and give a bafflesss open back speaker a try ! You (hopefully) won’t go back !

The reasoning to why I have chosen it to be baffleless is because baffles due to diffraction and mechanical coupling can produce a significant amount of sound relative to the actual speaker cones/domes/whatever at certain frequencies , yes I know you can make a decoupling ring and not get so much cancellation blah blah .. NO. I don’t want to. Baffleless

Attachments

• E6432444-BC58-4B0D-B0AF-EE7C0A5ADC18.jpeg
    E6432444-BC58-4B0D-B0AF-EE7C0A5ADC18.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.