Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using 2 different drivers in same cab
Using 2 different drivers in same cab
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2018, 07:03 PM   #11
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

A pity there's not enough budget to use the similar weight, much better performing CP385/Nd than the CD10Fe on the Beyma TD-164 horn: http://www.takesound.pt/m/1476/td-164.pdf

GM
Old 13th December 2018, 07:07 PM   #12
cbdb is offline cbdb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Music disappears fast in a big room full of people ( large full bandwidth absorbers ) laughing and talking loud. Not sure your batteries will last very long under thoase conditions. Be prepared to lift your speakers above the crowd.
Old 13th December 2018, 07:09 PM   #13
cbdb is offline cbdb  Canada
diyAudio Member

You may end up with batteries weighing a lot more than a power supply.
Old 13th December 2018, 07:26 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdb View Post
Be prepared to lift your speakers above the crowd.
Yeah, really need them up high overhead and ideally up at the ceiling if not too high.

That said, if this high, then Oliver Sound's upscaled Karlson Clam might be the best overall option and should work well 'stood up' in room corners for the main part of a HIFI/HT system: https://images.talkbass.com/attachme...py-jpg.581951/

GM
Old 13th December 2018, 08:27 PM   #15
Grymer is offline Grymer
diyAudio Member

Itíll be used in living rooms and Iíll end up with just a single speaker. Itíll be like a soundboks. I think you need to think about it like itís an overpowered boomblastee. And I already have a 600Wh battery made from 18650 batteries and thatís plenty. The way Iíll set it up, it should give me 8-10 hours at full volume. Iíll consider the more expensive driver GM
Old 13th December 2018, 09:11 PM   #16
Grymer is offline Grymer
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Yeah, really need them up high overhead and ideally up at the ceiling if not too high.

That said, if this high, then Oliver Sound's upscaled Karlson Clam might be the best overall option and should work well 'stood up' in room corners for the main part of a HIFI/HT system: https://images.talkbass.com/attachme...py-jpg.581951/

GM
This way of positioning the speaker entrigues me. The speaker would probably still deliver powerful bass response and would spread the sound a lot better, but Iím not gonna bring stands with me all the time haha.
Old 14th December 2018, 06:02 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Did you check the vent's mach speed for chuffing? Even at 300 W peaks down low the vent mach exceeds 20 m/s at around 55 Hz.

GM
Old 14th December 2018, 07:18 AM   #18
Grymer is offline Grymer
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Did you check the vent's mach speed for chuffing? Even at 300 W peaks down low the vent mach exceeds 20 m/s at around 55 Hz.

GM
I know nothing of that to be honest... You know a place I can read about it?

These are the ports. I bought two of them

Tuff Cab 100mm

EDIT

Okay, I read a bit about it and it was explained using a whistle and the ability for the cab to breathe. Now Iíd imagine HornResp being able to tell me a bit about it. But Iíd like to know what numbers I should consider achieving. If the current port is too narrow, Iíll probably go for a port build using wood.

Last edited by Grymer; 14th December 2018 at 07:33 AM.

Using 2 different drivers in same cabHide this!Advertise here!