Enclosure designing...please help me!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am in trouble! help me guys..
the T/I parameter of my woofer driver are-
FS:-59hz
QTS:-0.62
QES:-0.74
VAS:-45.48lt.
i have only 1 cubic foot of enclosure volume.
what should i do? if i am not wrong...closed enclosure is not possible(boomy...not satisfactory) with that volume.
Should i go for vented/ported?
what would be the tuning frequency??:confused:

i have only 1 cubic foot of enclosure volume.
what should i do? if i am not wrong...closed enclosure is not possible(boomy...not satisfactory) with that volume.
Should i go for vented/ported?
With 1 cubic foot the only possible solution is a closed enclosure. Stuff the enclosure with glass-wool. With vented enclosure the sound will be more boomy than sealed.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sir where r you? the effective cone diameter(membrane?) with outer suspension is 9inch & without suspension is 7.75inch. i don't know about xmax. please help me out.

Measure the diameter of the cone from the midpoint of the surround. Assuming it is a half-roll rubber or foam type, measure from the apex (highest point). Measure this to the nearest mm. Use that diameter and pi x d^2 to get membrane area in cm^2. Typical 10in dia drivers will be about 340cm^2.

It would be helpful to give us the brand and model number of the driver. If you have TS parameters, usually will be given by manufacturer as well.

Last edited:
For a 1.0 cu ft (28.3 liters) sealed box,
Fc = 95, Qc = 1.0.
Here are a couple of other points on the response for 1.0 cu ft.
at F = 67 Hz, dSPL = -3 dB (below sensitivity)
at F = Fc = 95 Hz, dSPL = 0 db (at sensitivitiy)
at F = 125 H, dSPL = + 1.3 dB (peak above sensitivity)
The 1.3 dB peak at 125 Hz may not be objectionable.

If you are able to make a 2.5 cu ft (70 liters) closed enclosure, the response would be considerably better.
Fc = 75.8 Hz, Qc = 0.80
There is no appreciable peak in the response for Qc = .80. The -3 dB point is at 60 Hz.

Vented box does not seem to work well in either case. The peak only becomes more pronounced with the vent tuning options that I tried. There may be vented solutions with enclosures larger than 1 cu ft that give a slight ripple in the response, and maybe acceptable.

Last edited:
With 1 cubic foot the only possible solution is a closed enclosure. Stuff the enclosure with glass-wool. With vented enclosure the sound will be more boomy than sealed.

Are you sure? with closed/sealed enclosure what would be the sound quality? bass? how much stuffing i need for 1 cubic foot volume? one more thing i want to say, the enclosure volume is 1.64 cubic foot. regards.

Last edited:
Measure the diameter of the cone from the midpoint of the surround. Assuming it is a half-roll rubber or foam type, measure from the apex (highest point). Measure this to the nearest mm. Use that diameter and pi x d^2 to get membrane area in cm^2. Typical 10in dia drivers will be about 340cm^2.

It would be helpful to give us the brand and model number of the driver. If you have TS parameters, usually will be given by manufacturer as well.
Complex for dumb like me :scratch::scratch:
Sadly, this is not a expensive driver.
cheap product...not like eminence or jbl.
the manufacturer is SWETON. there is no model no:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.