Enclosure designing...please help me!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, there is ;); 100 WT woofer [scroll down]: Sweton -Transducers Since 1982 ::Woofer Series - Pro Loudspeakers || Home Loudspeakers

Note that when using Sd, Re, Mmd, BL to calculate specs, they're quite a bit different according to Hornresp, though in power sims are identical when tuned to the lower Fs:

Fs = 45.82 Hz
Qes =0.54
Qms = 5.10
Qts = 0.49
Vas = 53.97 L

If true, with a 0.7 mH @ 1 kHz, this implies an above average quality.

Assuming a reasonable 5 mm Xmax, peak power is limited to its 200 W peak music power when tuned to Fs, so not much low bass, but plenty of mid-bass for 'slam'/'punch' [the original 'low bass' on vinyl, etc..].

GM

Hi ! i have made the cabinet(vented), but it sounds horrible...very low bass, blurred & not satisfactory.
Inner dimensions are 18inch high- 11.75inch width- 10.5inch depth(1.2cuft approx). it has 2×2inch long 2inch dia port.
Very disappointing result.
i am going to seal it.....

My mistake - you have over 1cu ft and as you say, about 1 cu ft after deduction of bracing and driver etc. just go with 3in vent then, but okay around with 5ohm to 6.8ohm resistor an d see what sounds best to your ears. 1mH choke with 20ga copper is not expensive.

You can split into 2 smaller vents - match cross sections area. If not you can adjust length. Play with it and see what sounds good.

Plot just shows whatever name I save file as but not what I actually ran, as it is modified on the fly.

Even ferrite core can work. This one is 0.5ohm DCR and passes 3amps.

5pcs/18mm 6826D 1MH 0.5 Line 3A Iron core Magnetic ring inductors Annular Winding inductors-in Inductors from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Here is air core:
Jantzen 1056 1.0mH 20 AWG Air Core Inductor 696554349636 | eBay

Hi ! i have made the cabinet(vented), but it sounds horrible...very low bass, blurred & not satisfactory.
Inner dimensions are 18inch high- 11.75inch width- 10.5inch depth(1.2cuft approx). it has 2×2inch long 2inch dia port.
Very disappointing result

Very disappointing result.

I can imagine! You tuned it ~a half octave higher than I recommended, to the point where it was almost a 'one note' boom box, though even with mine, some folks would have added some extra stuffing in the cab to tone it down a bit more.

Regardless, sealed is almost always going to be the best choice overall when the box is acoustically too small for the driver.

GM

Clean sound reproduction with punchy bass! :) Thousand times better than with vent. Thanks to XRK audio & others.

Actually, 'punchy' mid bass as the bass is steeply rolled off whereas your vented [shadow trace] had a ~ +6 dB peaking [AKA 'one note'] in the mid bass, then dropping at a much faster rate than sealed.

GM

Attachments

• Sweton 100 WT sealed Vs vented in ~1 ft^3.PNG
    Sweton 100 WT sealed Vs vented in ~1 ft^3.PNG
    53.7 KB · Views: 134
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.