looking for Sony holey basket parameter to design cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Like these.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• coral-holeyBasket-103A.jpg
    coral-holeyBasket-103A.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 986
Unlikely because they are pre Thiele Small era, but worst case you can measure them yourself.

Or plain use them in a largish (for their size) stuffed cabinet.

Doubt they are good performers in a tuned cabinet anyway, they were used as "better than nothing" monitor speakers in an old style tape recorder, not Hi Fi stuff intended.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If the speakers in question are as i pictured, they are really quite good, but many of these did not age nicely. Quite a few of the ones i had have surrounds that have stiffened up and that makes them midTweeters, as the bass resonance goes way up.

A safe enclosure for a good pair is Frugel-Horn Mk3.

dave

If the speakers in question are as i pictured, they are really quite good, but many of these did not age nicely. Quite a few of the ones i had have surrounds that have stiffened up and that makes them midTweeters, as the bass resonance goes way up.

A safe enclosure for a good pair is Frugel-Horn Mk3.

dave

yes my speaker are same with you picture Frugel horn look good but do you have smaller cabinet plan?

@first_1st

I found this while looking for something else and thought it might help in your search for info:

Glow in the Dark Audio - Coral "Holey Basket" fe103a full range driver

It’s more of a review but it does show the drivers transplanted into a Telefunken cabinet and the gentleman seems quite knowledgeable regarding vintage gear. Perhaps you could contact him and see if he has access to specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.