Parallel Ciare CH-250 8 OHM Version OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I aquired two pairs of Ciare CH-250 from the Bay a while back. These are an 8ohm version that is not listed on the Ciare website. I did check and they are not the PH-250. So, since I have four of these I plan on putting a pair of each in parallel on a JE Labs style open baffle and power them with my 45 amp.

Any thoughts on how well this would work with a flea watt amp?

I am eventually going to order a pair of Eminence 15a woofers if I like the OB sound. Hell, I could order four and parallel those with the parallel CH250s with a passive series connected crossover:D

I was previously going to use a JBL 2155H 15" coaxial driver for the OB, but decided against it due to the lowish QTS and I didnt want to waste a $50 sheet of plywood.

Wow, these sound soooooo good, I mean seriously! I don't know why people complain about bass from open baffle, I love the bass! My 45 amp has no problem driving these to decent volume!

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_172459.jpg
    IMG_20181103_172459.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 274
So, I'm loving the sound of these, but want to take it to another level. I would like to build another set of OB, but this time use 2 15a woofers in parallel and 2 ch250s in parallel per channel, but not sure how to connect both to reflect 4-8 ohms. Could I series connect the two pairs with a low pass on the woofers for an 8 ohm load? I want to parallel the drivers to further increase sensitivity for my flea watt amps.

Also, I don't care how large the baffles will be

Since you will need a crossover, you just have to worry about the two bass woofer's impedance, and the two Clare impedance separately.

So, if you get 4 ohms on the Clare, then, get two 8 ohms woofer's and wire them to 4 ohms as well.

Total system will still be 4 ohms, with variations according to XO.

OK, so did some more research and I assume that if I want to use the MJK crossover (for 4 ohm drivers) then I would need to cut the inductor values in half and douple each capacitor value? Also, would it be beneficial to stagger the drivers (15a>CH250>15a>CH250)? Again, my goal with the parallel drivers is get get maximum efficiency for flea watt amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.