Fostex Fe206En in open baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some like this

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 679
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 553
  • b3ffdb7d1b9af7227862923d2e8199da--bookshelf-speakers-diy-speakers.jpg
    b3ffdb7d1b9af7227862923d2e8199da--bookshelf-speakers-diy-speakers.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 589
FE206En on an OB will have less bass than on an IB, and that is near none. Add a big *** woofer and biampif you want bass.

dave
+1
Which means, at least two efficient 15" woofers or at lest one 18" one. Ideally, two 18" woofers in H-frames. And no, I am not kidding. That appliws if you go passive.
If biamped and actice , you could probably do with one 15" but that would stress it if you want to play it louder..
I know, I tried my Fostex Fe206 e in OB and didn't like it. Forget about any bass out of it, the XO was around 400 hz, but I didn't like its sonic presentation, so I went back to Visaton B200...
P.s that is, with 15" woofer, biamped...

Good luck getting any usable SPL from unassisted 206s in the neighbourhood 60-70 Hz in anything less than appropriately designed BLH / BVR. I doubt all the EQ and power you might muster could overcome the excursion limit you’ll otherwise encounter.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.