Best speaker design for living room

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can recommend a pair too, but I honestly think they aren't enough for that large of a space. Maybe fullsize with a 12" coax? With some .4x or .53x using 3FE25 for roomfill? Augment with a pair of 12-15" subs?
I mean, that's what I would do :)

I tested out two per channel 3FE22 Faital Pro , solen split at 6000 Hz, crossed Solen Split to Celestion 1525e, at 1750hz. Very decent sound, with more than enough volume for me, with Class A 10 watt per channel amps, in a room about half your size.
Settled on planar mids and matching tweeters, but I do love those Faitals, with one handling upper mids, and the other handling treble, I think they are more involving than my planars.
Sort of the nice date, versus the fun date.

I can recommend a pair too, but I honestly think they aren't enough for that large of a space. Maybe fullsize with a 12" coax? With some .4x or .53x using 3FE25 for roomfill? Augment with a pair of 12-15" subs?

I mean, that's what I would do :)

I just built a line array (only one side so far) using 12 3FE25s. I wired it with the power tapering per Mr. Griffin's white paper (attached). I'm really impressed with it so far. I'm using a seperate woofer (DC160) for bass duty and miniDSP (4X10 HD) for the X/O, no additional tweaking done yet. This is in a medium sized room 15' X 30' X 8' ceilings.

Attachments

• nflawp.pdf
    249 KB · Views: 54
I solved a similar problem some years back, I.e. a sound that fills a room regardless of listening position yet with amazing sound quality. The answer was a single mono speaker, built around a large full range driver with whizzer for excellent dispersion. Search up for my Big’un Audio Nirvana 15”

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.