ND90, ND91, Aura NS3 8A, Aura NS3 4A Differences?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are these drivers really different? I know they have different specs but what's the major mechanical differences between them. I understand min. box specs flow in this order. NS3 larger than ND90 larger than ND91.

The reason I ask is I'm looking at building a few sprites for my kiddo's and noticed Madisound has the NS3 4A's for $13.50 again.

The sprite documentation states the 8ohm NS3's and the ND90 are the same driver.
Sprite - undefinition
"Now, the whole design of the Sprite is based around a single Dayton ND90-8 (or Aura NS3, which is the exact same driver)"

If you are building Sprites, you need the 8ohm NS3 or ND90.

ND91 8 ohm sims into the 60+Hz range in WinISD but requires a much smaller enclosure.

I went with the ND90 8ohms as I don't want to reinvent the wheel. The current enclosure/design fits the bill. I read more about the sprite when ordering the crossover ports and the 4ohms do work and he has a crossover network posted for them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.