Improve Sprite mono speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I like to make already proven audio projects and recently started to miss the high frequencies in Sprite mono speaker.I thought adding a tweeter in parallel with a woofer with a high pass-filter or a kind of two driver tweeter to match the SPL of ND90-8. This is what I have in mind, will that work?

Attachments

• final sprite speaker.jpg
    final sprite speaker.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 253
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That’s what adding a bypass on the BSC does. It keeps the main BSC action of balancing the mids and treble to match the loss of bass below 1kHz but brings back sparkle above the bypass cap high pass frequency. However, the ND90 is only capable of so much treble. It will never gave the air or sparkel of a true tweeter. What you might try is adding something like an AMTPOD-4 super tweeter via a high pass cap.

Thank you ! For the tweeter , I have to put it in series with the woofer right? If so, will the bsc have an impact on the tweeter? Considering that the tweeter SPL is much higher of that of the woofer, will highs be more pronounced than the mids and lows? I:m totally new ti this, I make only already proven speakers...

Hi again, I decided on the ND20FB-4 tweeter, it fits into the box, I tried to add a hi-pass filter for about 15000hz, I found this capacitor which will do for around 14722hz, hopefully:
Dayton Audio DMPC-2.7 2.7uF 250V Polypropylene Capacitor
I added an L-pad which is supposed to reduce the tweeter SPL from 90 db to 86db.I tried PCD, but I am not sure about what each compenent does, so I decided to use online calculators and I came up with this.What do you think?

Attachments

• tweeter to dayton.jpg
    tweeter to dayton.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 117
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.