Enclosure for CHR70 or FE126En with good bass and reasonable complexity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

While attempting to organise my parts cupboard (no mean feat!) I came across a forgotten pair of Omnes Audio BB4.AL (revoiced CHR-70), and a pair of FE126En.

Given that size is not an issue, what enclosure is a good choice for either (or both) of these driver models? Decent bass would be a big plus. So would a straightforward build - my tools and stamina are somewhat limited, thus smoothed curves and complex guts will be tricky :D.

Heck, if there's a dead-simple but competent-sounding smaller build I'd also consider that.

What do you reckon?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There are a number of big Woden MLTLs that will get the most bass from CHR. It should also work in the even bigger Maeshowe (Woden Horn).

The FE126En needs a big horn to get bass. Valiant or RonHorn A126 will maximze bass… if you have corners the Frugel-Horn Mk3 does a passable job, and has the fewest pieces.

Note that Maeshowe & Valiant are kissing cousins. Woden Design

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.