What Material is the Diaphragm of Yamaha HS5/7/8 Made From?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TDA7297 - aka the “Lunch Money Amp” they can go up to 19v with either a cap multiplier to drop it 4v to 15v and sounds very good.
19v straight works but it gets pretty hot and I am not sure how long it will work at that voltage.
With a few simple mods this $5 amp (fully built board) can sound great
I bought one TDA7297 now from ebay.

BTW it seems that there's another Class AB Amplifier that is easy to use in terms of Power Supply:
TDA2030A..

Is there a difference between them in terms of sound?

Thank you C37

BTW, regarding white diaphrams,
there's a nice looking monitor called Swissonic ASM7:

9763138_800.jpg

Swissonic ASM7 – Thomann United States

The problem is that I never had the chance to listen to products made this company.

BTW I wanted to buy the HS7 2 days ago,
this webstore (thomann.de) sells them for a really good price - 310Euro (plus shipping),
the problem is that they cannot ship Yamaha products outside of the EU.

They can ship all their products everywhere in the world,
but with Yamaha, they have an agreement (enforced by Yamaha of course) not to ship Yamaha products outside of the EU,
So I could not buy the HS7 :/

The HS7 is also sold in my country, but for a lot more than in thomann.de (like 200Euro more).

Greedy importer I assume.

I wish I had another place to buy the HS7 from, that doesn't have this restriction.

I would've bought the Swissonic ASM7 If I knew how they sound,
but since I never had the chance to hear them, it's a too risky purchase.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.