TC9FD18-08 is Out of Stock. Any other good driver like it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soundimports.eu have fairly prices international shipping.

Fairly is kinda broad here.
Soundimpots sell the TC9 at 20 euros, which is $23.40.
Plus shipping....

Spaceman, I had completely forgot. Digikey sells online, and having an online shop based in your country, they often have free shipping, and it's also free of import taxes.

Check them out here, at 10.5 euros, and in stock.

TC9FD18-08 Peerless by Tymphany | Audio Products | DigiKey

Fairly is kinda broad here.
Soundimpots sell the TC9 at 20 euros, which is $23.40.
Plus shipping....
Yes their prices are often 2 times higher than the same product on Parts Express..

Spaceman, I had completely forgot. Digikey sells online, and having an online shop based in your country, they often have free shipping, and it's also free of import taxes.

Check them out here, at 10.5 euros, and in stock.

TC9FD18-08 Peerless by Tymphany | Audio Products | DigiKey
Wow amazing..
It's like having Part Express, in my country :)
Thank you so much..

Will call them tomorrow when they open

Last edited:
I called them and indeed they sell it, and the shipping cost is lower!
That's amazing, thank you perceval.

BTW,
Do you guys think the Peerless by Tymphany driver in the following link would be better than the TC9FD?

Peerless by Tymphany SDS-160F25PR01-08 6-1/2":
Peerless by Tymphany SDS-160F25PR01-08 6-1/2" Paper Cone Woofer Speaker

It's 6.5", 8Ω, and 35-8,000Hz.
It's bigger than the TC9FD's 3.5"..

The question is if it will sound as good as the TC9FD, which is so praised all the time,
yet provide me a wider diameter sound and feeling from a driver, something that the 3.5" probably wouldn't..

Last edited:
One is a woofer and the other a full range speaker. Although full range is a large word for a 3.5" driver. Combine the two and have more fun, although other woofers would be more suitable to pair up with a full range driver.

If you want a bigger driver, there are lots of bigger full range drivers available.

While it is no secret that I like the TC9, it would depend what you want from it to call it suitable for the job you intend it to do. By itself it isn't going to be a bass monster.

Isn't it? I've never gotten it to play with an F3 below about 100 Hz. What sort of tricks does it take to go lower?

This is what I measured mine to, flat down to about 20hz.
Sealed array of 20 drivers per cabinet.

437137d1410039785-halair-column-line-array-build-20-fr-drivers-wf-1-12oct-jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.