Design suggestion for 3 inch full range drivers ( Random drivers challenge ).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was going through my stuff and I came across some left over drivers just sitting there and collecting dust, I bought bunch of these drivers on sale while back for a project and I have some surplus now, drivers are: 4x Peerless-P830986 and 2x Dayton-Audio PC83 3inch full range drivers, I also have some left over sheets of 1/8 plywoods and MDF, and of course finding an amp and supply to run this is not a problem, enough to jump start a weekend project.
So I start messing around and did some quick simulation and looks like I can just drop them in a box and they will start singing !
I always wanted an speaker for my small bedroom that I can carry it to the kitchen and maybe add a bluetooth receiver and carry it to the pool with me but I do not want to build another simple sealed boxy box and want to try something new, maybe a TL, a synergy horn, I donno anything goes i guess.
So I thought maybe I can get some suggestions and help to make this to something more interesting, the goals are :
1- make them go deep (no additional drivers).
2- as compact as possible.
3- preferably all in one box.

Any suggestions ? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I think I'd throw out the rule book on this and make something that'd give some interesting effects. For instance, Peerless drivers firing out the front and sides of a box, with the Dayton drivers firing either upwards or backwards. Or both, and make it a 45-degree slant.

Something that'll put out some reflected energy and give a "room-filling" sound.

With regards to cabinet alignment, I'd probably just buy up a few passive radiators and tune them where you want to go.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.