New Markaudio Drivers

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't know if a MA A12pw will fit into a monitor-size cabinet, but IMHO it's one of the best full range drivers to be used as the bottom driver of a two-way.

The A12pw is not officially a FR (althou its reach at the top is an octave better than the FE208e∑ or the BOFU). It does make a better FR than the A12p IMO.

The optimum miniOnken for these is 35 litre, but i suspect it can be squeezed into a smaller box. They are magnificent in the Woden ML-TL (to 25 Hz or so at the bottom).

I dream of an A13pw with the same frame size which should allow more/deeper bass and still fit as tightly as A12pw/A7.3. All while maintaining the same centre-centre spacing and thus keep the maximum XO point higher.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• A12pw-A73-MTM-spacing.png
    A12pw-A73-MTM-spacing.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,763
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Damn, tempted to pick up another 7ms to try again...are you able to describe how the 7ms are more enjoyable than the 7.3's? Hard I know to put into words...

I believe Planet10 has expressed skepticism when it comes to Youtube clips but they can be incredibly helpful as opposed to trying to solicit concrete feedback before spending money on unknown variables. A 7MS can be found Here. I find this guy's channel to be a great resource, especially if you have already heard some of the tested drivers as a baseline reference.

The current A12pw is a perfect sensitivity for 2 wired in parallel to match the A7.3/A7ms sensitivity if you are doing a passive XO. 4Ω woofer XO will have an inductor about half the size as if it were 8Ω.

I would be happy if they were as sensitive, but went down lower in a similar size box.

dave
I didn't say I would want to use a Mark Audio 5" full-range driver as a mid/high Fq driver of the proposed A13pw drivers which I'd like to be of the sensitivity of the A12p or higher if possible and with an 8Ω and 16Ω option;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Pensil, FHXL, Scoot’s ML-TL (which we built and is good), CGR dMar-Ken (the rectangular & trapezoid Mar-Kens could be kinda squat looking, but they will come (probably when someone pokes me willing to do a protype pair). Probably a couple other Scott designs i have yet to draw.

A basic 9-10 litre reflex should work too. There is no reason the A11ms could not be put on the side of a Pensil.

dave