Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Markaudio Drivers
New Markaudio Drivers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2019, 01:47 PM   #801
angrypat is offline angrypat  United States
diyAudio Member

New Markaudio Drivers
Nipper1 mentioned a tacky adhesive treatment, would have live in a completely dust free environment, or they would start to look awful after some time.
Old 17th April 2019, 01:58 PM   #802
nipper1 is offline nipper1  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypat View Post
Nipper1 mentioned a tacky adhesive treatment, would have live in a completely dust free environment, or they would start to look awful after some time.
Fortunately, the cones are the color of dust ha ha! I really wanted to dope the back side of the cone but that's not an easy thing to do; small, tight geometry. This is the same tacky adhesive they use on cloth pleated woofer surrounds and some linen or other "cloth" dome tweeters. It really did clean-up the sound so well worth the effort. I'm glad to see the new Pluvia 7 P HD; it appears this newest design may "fix" all of my concerns and complaints about the Alpair 7P. I'll find out eventually as I am going to get a pair of the P7PHD's .
Old 18th April 2019, 05:15 AM   #803
astrojet is offline astrojet
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeart View Post
Actually looking at this again and getting the factory to do some more maths I can get the MOQ down to 1000 which is more doable I guess. Price to the end user would look to be about $38-40 a pair. which is about 1100 for a pair of Dave's mock ups above. We'd need 18 people to make that doable.
What the hell. If we could get inter-hemisphere shipping sorted, or find some other creative solution for delivery to the UK antipode, I'm happy to sign up for 50X.
Old 18th April 2019, 02:47 PM   #804
Kobus Oomen is offline Kobus Oomen  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

@Scott,

Is the nostromo(large) also doable with the port on the front?
Old 18th April 2019, 04:27 PM   #805
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

So, New Zealand, then?
Old 18th April 2019, 05:38 PM   #806
astrojet is offline astrojet
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
So, New Zealand, then?
NZ, give or take a few nautical miles. If a group buy actually started to look viable, I could come up with alternative delivery locations in US or Taiwan. While I doubt we can get numbers, I'm serious about the prospect.

New Markaudio DriversHide this!Advertise here!