New Markaudio Drivers

These are the plans I have saved from various people for the A11. Mainly Scott's designs. Not linked I know, but perhaps you can find from searching.

Water Buffalo 11MS compact MLTL metric.PNG
Vented box Alpair 11MS -standard.PNG
Vented box Alpair 11MS -small.PNG
PensilA11-P11.png
Nostromo-Alpair11ms-reflex.pdf
11MS MLTL.PNG

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Water Buffalo 11MS compact MLTL

That is the one we built. It may be compact width x depth (the ratio of which we probably juggled and changed to a slot vent)but it is tall.

Here in the shootout between the Eikona (Hawking Memorial Obelisk), A11ms (Water Buffalo), and A10.3eN (Pensil).

708737d1539247423-15th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2018-a-a11ms-woden-mltl-jpg

Go her e(post #104) to see the others: 15th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST-2018

dave

Warning, Sales plug: These for sale cheap, for someone who can come pick them up.

Has anyone got any subjective views on the new Pluvia's yet?

There is an interesting review on Madisound for the paper 7PHD.

"FIVE FULL STARS
Strait out of the box these drivers sound "almost perfect"! Well, they do everything right and nothing wrong that I can perceive so far. I have also a pair of Alpair 7P and a pair of Alpair 7 MS. These new drivers take the realism to a whole new level; very musically accurate, neutral and natural without any hint of harshness, peaking, ringing, etc. On Diana Krall; voice and piano are "almost magic"; not an easy thing to do at all. Piano fades seem to go on and on; something I never noticed before on any speakers regardless of cost. These drivers are very well tonally balanced all across the entire spectrum; including surprisingly good bass! I have these in a closed box, about 7.9 L with 100% stuffing; Q calculates to about 0.677 when using the OEM T-S specs. rounded to the nearest "tenth" (0.1). After they break in for at least 100 hours, I will add a woofer or sub-woofer and a super-tweeter.

FIVE FULL STARS (worth six actually especially considering how inexpensive they are)"

I've had the prototype data for a while; it's designed for larger (not titanic) box volumes. I've done a handful of designs; they'll be put out with the driver. Anechoic data indicates a pleasent widebandthat in the right box can motor down to c. 30Hz. Since it's a 5 3/4in unit, don't expect it to be a 15in woofer ;) but for a wideband of its size, very good LF performance & forgiving midband & HF. I've not had a pair through here yet, but it should offer a lot for the money.

I've not had a pair through here yet, but it should offer a lot for the money.

This is a good final thought. And one I'd agree with. I've not had time to work out the final pricing yet, but they will be very keen. Again I think I'll be the first outside of Asia to get my delivery in about 4 weeks time so will be sure to get them on the website before then. There is a data sheet now with some of Scott's drawings attached. It just needs to go through final vetting and I'll be able to publish it.

The new CHN-110 looks to me, like a pluvia 11 in a stamped basket, certainly the cone if not the motor? Very interested in these to use as surround backs in my multi channel system, I’ve been extremely pleased with my Pluvia 11’s in their role as side surrounds & these could be great value surround back partners for them.:)

I haven't actually worked out any boxes yet. Give me a day or two. They will be for sale on my site, yes. The ship will dock in the UK at the end of the first week in December, they should be with me about a week later. So just in time for Xmas.

Great stuff, thanks Stefan.
I think you worked out, that I meant to “when” would they be available on your site:spin: