New Markaudio Drivers

I believe that listing is incomplete or incorrect - Markaudio nomenclature means CHN-40P would have a paper cone, and that listing is clearly a copy of the metal-cone CHN-40.

In general the -P versions are not "better" so much as they are different.

CHN-40 is a relative of OM-MF4, a driver originally produced for some sort of project build that I don't understand, but I can tell you that the keywords you need to Google for it are "Stereo Magazine" and "Ontomo Mook 2020". Perhaps somebody familiar with these things can tell us what that is!

I bring this up because CHN-40P would thus be the general-release version of OM-MF4-MICA, which I think has a similar heritage but for the 2022 version. In that case it'd look something like the image below. The reason I say "would be" is that I don't recall seeing CHN-40P announced anywhere, so until I see a photo I'm not totally convinced it exists.

View attachment 1283279
I brought a pair or ch40p off Amazon Japan delivered to the U.K. in 2 days !!! They sound good in a sealed cardboard box , can’t really be more specific as I havenot finished the box for them due to crappy weather conditions . will be a mono “boombox “ / console . They are tiny though and going the specs would hit 60hz so very limited volume due to excursion.

IMG_1880.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1880.png
    IMG_1880.png
    769.6 KB · Views: 16
OK, so these are OM-MF4-MICA.

As I said before, if a CHN-40P existed it would be similar (probably externally identical) to this driver, but that doesn't make it exactly the same thing.

(Note that this isn't a quality judgement in any direction. Is it better than an international retail CHN-40P would be? Worse? Just voiced differently? I don't know! Nobody does, because there isn't a CHN-40P available to compare it with)

I have read somewhere that these drivers would be the Chn-40p without alteration .
Of course such things are subject to change and with the similar Chn-50p now available from KJF and others perhaps that will never come about .
The response graphs between the two look to have a very similar tone.