New 10'' FR driver found

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They also makes a 15" full range driver.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190109-214724.jpg
    Screenshot_20190109-214724.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 491
Like I said we are currently testing their crystal-10 FR driver :) And so far we are very very happy with them! Leonidas (a member here as well) is already in love with these drivers, he prefers them over his Lowthers for sure.
Today we got the message that we can also test the newly coming 15" driver! So I will have more info's soon. The 8" driver that is on their site at the moment will be discontinued as well, Lao Li is developing a renewed 8" driver, with the same build quality as the crystal-10. We will test this one also.

Hi,

out of curiosity, I bought the 5-inch Xizi driver some time ago, and I like it. I could do some rough REW measurements, should someone be interested.

All the best

Mattes

The driver does look yummy. Very nice build too, Mattes. Looks like a TWQT. Or is ir a MLTL? Do you have the plans for it?

I'm also interested in the REW measurements.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vincula

Hi Vincula,

no, it´s a straight TML with stepped reduction of the channels surface, according to theory of a certain Mr. Timmermanns, with a resonator chamber and a filter chamber inside, built into a pentagon column, parallel surfaces avoided.
I´ll have to look for my crappy sketches, but will post them (have already posted them in the Fast-5 thread FAST_5" speaker).
I started with a simulation in AJ-Horn, as attached.
I will do some measurements later today, and will of course post them.
I could even try TSP measurements... let´s see.

The speaker was built as a small replacement for the time my "big" system is down due to modifications, and I didn´t expect too much, as in the end this is a relatively cheap chinese driver, but I was positively surprised, with a small notch filter to tame BS and the rising response inherent to many FR drivers, it was quite listenable, clean, quick and nice.
Build quality of the driver was also quite nice, but I would have preferred a "phaseplug" instead of the small metal dome, some day I´ll change that.

All the best

Mattes

Attachments

• Xizi FAST 5 TML simulations.pdf
    103.3 KB · Views: 86
...The speaker was built as a small replacement for the time my "big" system is down due to modifications,...

The "Flowers" ? :)

I'd love to see some measurements... I'm always looking for the "diamond in the rough" kind of driver.

I've had my share of bad Chinese drivers (I have a box full that I'll probably take apart to keep the magnets for some other projects). It would be a nice change to see something good!

Hi Vincula,

no, it´s a straight TML with stepped reduction of the channels surface, according to theory of a certain Mr. Timmermanns, with a resonator chamber and a filter chamber inside, built into a pentagon column, parallel surfaces avoided.
I´ll have to look for my crappy sketches, but will post them (have already posted them in the Fast-5 thread FAST_5" speaker).
I started with a simulation in AJ-Horn, as attached.
I will do some measurements later today, and will of course post them.
I could even try TSP measurements... let´s see.

The speaker was built as a small replacement for the time my "big" system is down due to modifications, and I didn´t expect too much, as in the end this is a relatively cheap chinese driver, but I was positively surprised, with a small notch filter to tame BS and the rising response inherent to many FR drivers, it was quite listenable, clean, quick and nice.
Build quality of the driver was also quite nice, but I would have preferred a "phaseplug" instead of the small metal dome, some day I´ll change that.

All the best

Mattes

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. It really looks live a clever design:)

Regards,

Vincula

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.