Miscellaneous designs - Markaudio, Fostex, TB, Dayton, SEAS etc

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
When turning a duct vent into a slot you get an aspect ratio higher than 1 (a circular duct). If this gets severe resistance is added to the vent (and the vent usually ends up right at the end of the box), so it becomes at least not quit eteh same. We have almost always done something like this with the Woden designs we have built. We have had good success.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That was waht i was trying to say, in a more round-about way :^)

Everytime you try this you are rolling the dice.

Room & room placement can often play an even greater role.

My favvorite Woden vent is the semi-circle in some of the Festivals (which i borrowed for the facets and implemented in the Hawking Memorial monoliths.

beltane3D.png

dave

Just so.

As a general note (unrelated to this discussion): I urge in the strongest possible terms to anybody looking at the designs on this thread that they seek alternative offerings by other designers. Please do not build any of these enclosures if you want quality results. To that, I would also add the pensils I've done for MA units & their equivalents for other drivers, the misc. other vented / QW etc. designs I have created over the years, and the majority of the horn enclosures I have been involved with. The exceptions to that are FH3/XL/Lite, which were largely developed by Dave & Chris (I merely did some requested modelling after the fact), and the various Woden enclosures (likewise).

Last edited:
Granted that I’ve not built too many enclosures with DNA other than Scott or Dave’s over the past 15years, but with few exceptions, have been quite satisfied the results of their designs -certainly enough do that they’d generally be on my short list if I was undertaking any new projects.

Just so.

As a general note (unrelated to this discussion): I urge in the strongest possible terms to anybody looking at the designs on this thread that they seek alternative offerings by other designers. Please do not build any of these enclosures if you want quality results. To that, I would also add the pensils I've done for MA units & their equivalents for other drivers, the misc. other vented / QW etc. designs I have created over the years, and the majority of the horn enclosures I have been involved with. The exceptions to that are FH3/XL/Lite, which were largely developed by Dave & Chris (I merely did some requested modelling after the fact), and the various Woden enclosures (likewise).
Eh wot? Everything ok with you Scott?

Some proper drawings & a couple of my rubbish sketches of enclosures for the CHN-110. I thought I'd uploaded these a while ago. Evidently not.

Attachments

• CHN110-Vented and ML-Horn plans-141119.pdf
    147.3 KB · Views: 272
  • PensilCHN110-141119.pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 244
  • CHN-110 double chamber reflex.PNG
    CHN-110 double chamber reflex.PNG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,030
  • CHN-110 twin-pipe.PNG
    CHN-110 twin-pipe.PNG
    412.9 KB · Views: 1,009