Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visaton B80/100 experience So?
Visaton B80/100 experience So?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th July 2019, 02:24 AM   #21
SONDEKNZ is offline SONDEKNZ  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Sound Pressure Levels???

Luigi

I have to say my wife gives a fig about the appearance, so I have to get it right.
Question: Is there much difference in the maximum sound pressure levels these drivers are capable of?
I see the B-100s have greater power handling capabilities - compared to the FOSTEX FE107E - and thought this might make a material difference...

Last edited by SONDEKNZ; 19th July 2019 at 02:44 AM.
Old 19th July 2019, 02:33 AM   #22
luigi is offline luigi  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I couldn't say. I tend not to go for high volumes. And anyway, my full rangers generally get cut off at the bottom around 300Hz so never get punished with bass duties. I get good SPLs out of 27wpc (Burson Bang, hugely impressive little dual mono amp) from either driver. And Im a bit hard of hearing now so...
Old 19th July 2019, 02:36 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

One other thing; though expensive they were highly placed in a DIYaudio sound off of smaller full range drivers (though that could have been the B80s rather than 100s). I like their rather neutral presentation; to my ears nothing seems to stand out overly.
Old 19th July 2019, 02:46 AM   #24
SONDEKNZ is offline SONDEKNZ  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Tops?

Luigi

How do your B-100 handle the top frequecies?

This is a strength of the FOSTEX FE107E and I wondered if your VISATONs are delivering in this area?
Old 19th July 2019, 03:11 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

I have a few "full range" drivers that really aren't and they benefit from the addition of a tweeter, like some 5-inch Tang Bands I have. Never needed them for the B100s though.
Old 20th July 2019, 01:34 AM   #26
ewollowe is offline ewollowe  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi luigi,

What other full rangers have you compared to the B100s? I was looking at the B80 but I can also get small Jordan inspired EAD units for similar money and small Mark Audio for even less? Too many options.
Old 20th July 2019, 06:55 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Lots of Mark Audio stuff, really like the 7s and their new ones (7M). Have some 10 metals as well and they're good. All the MA stuff needs a bit of power behind it.
Some Tang Bands. Surprised at how good the polycone ones are. Have their 5 inch ones currently which need help up top but they're good too. Overall, probably rate the B100s as best, at least in the designs I've made. In others, who knows? But for the slightly greater cost, the B100s are worth it; they just do the full range thing really quite well without drawing attention to themselves. Haven't heard B80s sorry.
Old 20th July 2019, 09:43 AM   #28
ewollowe is offline ewollowe  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thanks Luigi, food for thought.

Visaton B80/100 experience So?Hide this!Advertise here!