Hawking Memorial Obelisk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Couldn't see any coverage numbers in the specs for that paint - at approx 32sq ft of surface area per pair by my calculation, the paint could get costly - not to mention the hours of prep and priming to ensure a seamless paint job. I think I'll stick with the P-lam.

With 18mm BB plywood throughout, the two full length holey braces and three layers of material along each side, I’m thinking these will be plenty stiff. My back certainly is after wrestling with the boxes over this past weekend. Just awaiting some final clarification from Scott and Dave on damping scheme before auditioning prior to buttoning them up and skinning with the laminate- even with a removable bottom, it would be very awkward to access the full internal height should any tweaking be required.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
With 18mm BB plywood throughout, the two full length holey braces and three layers of material along each side, I’m thinking these will be plenty stiff… Just awaiting some final clarification on damping...

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• Hawking-unbuttonedS.jpg
    Hawking-unbuttonedS.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 1,174
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Obelisks in the house (pictures later).

Colin said Eikona needs break-in… i sure hope he is wrong.

We’ll let them break-in for the next week and listen seriously again. I won’t comment on the sound unless requested. One thing we will probably need to do is add some more acoustastuff (we only installed half of what Scott specified since we have had to remove stuffing in the past).

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.