Tapped Horn with rear chamber

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone and thank you very much in advance (and excuse me for my English):

I have some doubts regarding a Tapped Horn design found in the Speaker Plans forum called Micro Scoop ES-15BLH. I liked the design because it combines the advantages of a tapped horn with a rear camera that allows you to shorten the horn for the same cutting frequency.

However I do not understand the input data in the accompanying HornResp software. According to the HornResp manual on the Tapped Horn:
1. This type of design must be specified by changing the the 'Nd' to 'Th' parameter.
2. 'S2' corresponds to the section of the speaker where the driver is located.

We know that the net width of the speaker is 60-3.6 cm = 56.4 cm and I accompany 2 images: Cabinet section and data entry in HornResp.
If we observe the input data in HornResp, S1 corresponds to the section of the throat and S2 to the beginning of the 2nd section of the horn.
We see that the sections match the specifics (then the data entry corresponds to the design of the horn image).

I believe that a simple horn loaded with a camera but not a Tapped Horn is being defined. And my questions are:
1. Can someone, please, get me out of these doubts?
2. And if I'm not wrong, what would be the input data in HornResp?

Thank you very much again.
GjMR

Attachments

• Tapped Horn Sub 15''.jpg
    Tapped Horn Sub 15''.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 800
  • Input HornResp.jpg
    Input HornResp.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.