dh-sat-xl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hAPPY NEW YEAR,

i made a new construction a double horn satellite for 2 x 16 cm driver,
i will test the cheap SICA

i plan it to beat my SCHALMEI SAT but don´t need a stand.
by distance to the wall you can change the deepness of sound stage, because 90% of low mids are indirect
like the invers back driver who works up to ~2 kHz. No Filter, only system cap ~140µF for ~ 300 Hz, and a sub 18 dB ~90 Hz

after listening sessions and measurements i prefer fullrang use with sub ~60 Hz DH-BASSEL, "he" likes it less work and the siting person feels "no" bass.

dimensions and single simulation

any opinions?

i wll compair it with my BASSEL and DH-Bassel, the small variation DH-SAT sounds good
so i am optimistic.

Attachments

• dhsat innen2.jpg
    dhsat innen2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 295
  • DHBassel sitzprobe.jpg
    DHBassel sitzprobe.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 298
  • dhsatxlmasses2 web.jpg
    dhsatxlmasses2 web.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 294
  • dhsatxl-single simu web.jpg
    dhsatxl-single simu web.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
dhsatxl measurements

SPL pur and as satellite with 140µF, best impedanz ever measured, two too small horns with
big impedance mountains made parallel an super solution, excellent for tube amps.

result: who wants to built a SCHALMEI without ALPHORN, so need a stand, than i prefer
the DH-SAT-XL in needs no stand. Cheap and easy.

Attachments

• dhsatxl spl pur + 140µF.jpg
    dhsatxl spl pur + 140µF.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 57
  • dhsatxl imp.jpg
    dhsatxl imp.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 49
feedback

i got a feedback with DH-SAT-XL+Alphorn

Hi members,
i got a new feedback Alphorn with DH-SAT-XL
goo... translated:

I built the DHSatXL with the Sica Z004065 and the Monacor SPH165.
The side walls are 24mm spruce plywood the other parts as recommended from 16mm MDF. The front driver I have not milled from the back as in the plan, but milled in from the front.
My main concern is the sound and not the optics.
Therefore, my standard finish consists of primer + wall paint or interior glaze and finally two layers of stair lacquer.
My chain looks like this:
Sources: Oppo UDP 203 or Rega Planar2 with AT95
Preamp: Dynavox TPR2 (modified by Hornfabrik)
Subamp: Reckhorn A409
2 Alphorns with Visaton AL170 are running parallel to it
Satamp: Single ended tube with about 4-5Watt
at the two DHSatXL

And the sound is gigantic.
So far, the speakers have only been running for about 20 hours, and therefore not yet sometimes rudimentarily recorded. But that's one thing anyway
impressive performance, what comes out of it.
My first impression was that I have to go there again with a blocking circuit. A simple move to a listening distance of only 2.5 to 3m was the Solution. A real aha effect.
I mainly listen to stuff from the audiophile corner.
Also blues, jazz and classical music I am simply thrilled with the space and the impulsiveness of this Combination of Alphorn and DHSatXL.
I also do not miss a tweeter.
My listening room has about 25 square meters, and on Horst's recommendation, I have behind my listening position (couch) a theater curtain hung up the entire room width. This tip was a real bringer. Also my surround sound for the home cinema has improved a lot.
Thank you for that.
Greeting Carsten
dhsatxlfeedb

Attachments

• alp-dh-sat-xl b web.jpg
    alp-dh-sat-xl b web.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 47
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.