Jordan Eikona 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply. As I'm running a completely analogue front end, diy turntable, I was planning on an analogue crossover. I was hoping that you had a nice schematic for an active balanced high pass filter. Oh well, looks like I'll have to buy a couple of Douglas Self books and do a lot of studying.

Niffy

Thanks Colin,

The esp crossover boards look like they might be just the ticket. I was planning on using a pair of bk electronic sub plate amps, as recommended in the Jordan website. I already have one running my current sub.
Having read some of Rod Elliott's articles I'm now contemplating the advantage of building a full two way active crossover and building a second pair of amps. A fixed crossover like the esp design would, I assume, be somewhat higher in quality than the variable one built into the bk plate amp. The upsides to this approach should be higher sound quality and flexibility in choice of amplifier. The downsides would be much greater cost and the greater difficulties in tuning the subtotal seamlessly integrated with the eikona main speakers.

Niffy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.