Wharfedale W60 information

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All. Long time lurker, but first time poster. I’m sure this has been answered probably 50 times yet I am unable to find what I am specifically looking for.

I recently picked up a pair of pretty much mint condition Wharfedale W60 speakers (nothing after the W60).

The elderly man I bought them from says that he was going to “do some upgrades” when he got them from his son sometime in the 80’s. He clipped all of the wires and does not remember how they were wired? The speakers themselves are in decent shape with no real visible issues. The crossovers test out fine. The 12” woofers are unmarked as to what they are. The tweeters are red AlNiCo of the original size. The PIO cap reads 12uf and looks to be newer.

First, would any of you fine blokes have a wiring diagram for these simple appearing speakers? I plan to re-wire with 22AWG pushback wire just because I like to work with it.

Second, was it commonplace to mix red AlNiCo drivers with what appears to be ferrite drivers? I wonder if these are the original speakers. All are marked Wharfedale and Made In England.

And finally, could someone tell me the range of years these were made?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if these questions have already been answered 50 times.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.