Dayton rs100-8 box size help!

Thank you for the design.
I'm looking to build this for a small height effects speaker.
Do you think that this would work if we kept the dimensions of the front baffle and total volume, but angled it facing down?

The slot port would be relocated to the bottom. Would the same slot shelf length be sufficient? Does the height of the front slot port count as part of the front baffle dimensions?

------------------------
| /
| /
| /
| | /
| | /
| | /
| | /
| | /
| |________/

I've built this enclosure twice as a stereo pair (first enclosure build) for a squeezebox player, replacing a bose soundtouch 10. Got sick of the updates and them wanting my location for pairing.

Sounds very good, could do with a touch more bass however it's going in a shed workshop so its boomy enough. Hifiberry amp2, raspberry pi 3 with max2play OS and a good quality 24v power supply.

Thanks for the plans Dave

Danny

Hello,

I order 2 RS100 to build BT speaker.

Can you give me some advice about design for the box ?

I can do something behind 5 to 20 liter...

Thank you :)

it is OK speaker in Tabaq MLTL, which is ~10L of internal volume. There will be some bass.

I built it in ~95% similar dimensions box like original Tabax and it sounds better than I expected. The only negative is the driver metal cone specifics, but as you already have the drivers it does not matter...

Last edited:
That can be solved with a tweeter or better a 3 way :tongue:
Don't tell me that this is the fullrange Forum because I can tell you that there are 3 threads of multiway hidden behind in that category, not counting the Waw and ' tweeter aided'.
:rolleyes:
1/2 " tweeter ...maybe a bat-whatever

...no, I will not tell you... :cool:
IMHO, if there are intentions to use this driver not as single one, then there are better/cheaper alternatives. Besides, there are people who do not mind or like the metallic sound

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Those sound like my words.

In the miniOnkens a slot is used as a vent. In most cases given the available length and trying to stay with standard material thicknesses, the vent is too large, so a vent spacer, a solid block of wood, is placed in the vent to decrease its cross-section. This spacer runs from the front of th ebox all th eway to the back of the box.

CGRs and CFSs typically have 0 or 1 vent spacers, full pn miniOnlens 2 or more.

FatCGR-visulaization.png

dave

Wool felf?

Jeez, that one is a surprise… done a week before i almost died, guess that could be why it has disappeard from my brain :^)

The metric can be rounded off, it was obviously a quicky.

Have you built it? How does it sound?

dave
HI Dave,
No, haven't built it, I just drew up a cut list and off to HW to get some 12mm marine ply, best I can source locally and "only" $41 for a 1220 x 610 sheet.
Ill update once completed.
Cheers
Nik