Even BIGGER than Bigger, Badder BIB...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
They're finally in...

They are BIG.

Attachments

• BBBiB Finally In, Resized. .jpg
    BBBiB Finally In, Resized. .jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 190

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Thanks! This XO?: Even BIGGER than Bigger, Badder BIB...

This works out to [900*3000]^0.5 = ~1643 Hz, above the driver minimum, but awful high for a 15"; my gripe with the Altec 604 Duplex after the original's proper 1 kHz was either 1500 or 1600 Hz and just doesn't sound 'as one' like the original.

GM

With the curvilinear cone there don't really appear to be any problems. The only issues I'm having is that the mid and upper bass are a little recessed. This gets better when the system has been running for a while. My guess is that the woofers haven't been broken in (they're old but look new and may never have been used). I'm planning on removing them from the enclosure, hooking up my signal generator to the receiver and running bass through them out of the enclosure.

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Very cool. Once they all tweaked in, a nice walnut veneer I think.

Thanks!

These are experimental cabinets. If they work out I'm going to do them properly in plywood (maple veneered as my house has maple trim throughout and cherry doors). These were heavy and difficult to move, I don't even want to think about how heavy plywood versions will be.

I have a pair of Oris 150 horns I plan to try hanging on these enclosures with the tweeter disconnected (the crossover is external). I have several experimental (accent on the "mental") combinations I want to try.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.