New 15" full range - FANE

Yeah, probably fun in OB, I am considering just going closed box, or small aperiodic/maybe just a U baffle with dampening material stuffed in the back.

Boxes are a bit easier to integrate in my limited space. Do not possess any affinity towards any specific design. Whatever works best in simulation in combination with amount of work per anticipated performance or something like that.

Last edited:
I ordered pair of these speakers. What size baffles should I use with these in an OB setup? I was thinking something like 2ft x 3ft, sitting on top of the sealed boxes that I have at the moment, which measure roughly 1.5ft square boxes. Bass does not matter what so ever, as long as these speakers can push down to like 60-100hz it's all good. I got a pair of sealed Infinity REF1260W's with Behringer iNuke amp taking care of the low frequencies.

here's my old Silver Iris (qts ~1) outdoors on a 2'x3' baffle
61c0569a_vbattach171770.jpeg

Think it'll be closed box on this one for me.

Eagerly awaiting update on my order, I see that Bluearan are still waiting for stock, must be some delay in shipping to their warehouse. Things happen, I am in no rush, still contemplating whether I should tell the Boss Lady or just see her jaw drop when 6 15" speakers show up on my doorstep :-D. Did anyone else order these drivers or is it just me and cakeman?
Coffee and cake. :)

Last edited:
Still waiting, there may have been some stuff happening regarding ordering/shipping from Fane. I'm guesstimating there may have been some misunderstanding of original date estimate of arrival, and that most suppliers will receive their orders during the end of this month hopefully, but I have not heard anything, just assuming.

Would be nice to get a message about it though, but it doesn't really matter. I am sure they will be shipped to me when the supplier gets them in stock.

Got a message from Fane today:

Dear Kent,

Thank you for your enquiry, sorry for our delayed reply!

Unfortunately we have experienced a slight shipping delay but we will receive stock of the FC-152F01TC on Thursday 12th October, so our dealer & distributor network will be receiving their stock very shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you

Best Regards
Daniel

So that's good :)
All I wanted was to know what was going on, delays happen, not much to do about that.

No inconvenience on my part, just nice to be updated on the "stuff happ'nin".

Edit:
So dealers get them end of the month sounds about right then.

Last edited:
No, it has not arrived yet.
They had a date (5th of september) a few months ago, then it went past the specified date (showed "overdue" I think it was), then I think it was either saturday 16th or 23rd they changed it to "on order".

Hahah! I seem like a crazy person :-D

At any rate, information flow has been slow, but my emails to both Fane and Bluearan have been treated very seriously, and I am satisfied with the information given.
So: Do not have the units in hand yet, but happy with the correspondence with the companies involved.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see how this driver performs in real systems and cabinets,looking at the specs it would work best in an open baffle or a big sealed box.

... Or a small sealed box if you don't mind stopping at 100Hz.

If it turns out these sound okay and go loud, I'll probably pick up a couple for drum monitors. Two or three stacked would give a thump in the chest quite easily.

Chris

No, it has not arrived yet.
They had a date (5th of september) a few months ago, then it went past the specified date (showed "overdue" I think it was), then I think it was either saturday 16th or 23rd they changed it to "on order".

Hahah! I seem like a crazy person :-D

At any rate, information flow has been slow, but my emails to both Fane and Bluearan have been treated very seriously, and I am satisfied with the information given.
So: Do not have the units in hand yet, but happy with the correspondence with the companies involved.

Ah think I spotted the sovereign 15-250.

Last edited:
Too early for any listening impressions, will just say that off axis response is VERY good. If this was a blind test I would never have guessed it was a single 15".

Here's a mobile cam closeup of the specimen. Quite like the triple cone design.

Attachments

• IMG_20171020_174010.jpg
    IMG_20171020_174010.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 1,352
  • IMG_20171020_173756.jpg
    IMG_20171020_173756.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 1,340
  • IMG_20171020_173747.jpg
    IMG_20171020_173747.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 1,327
  • IMG_20171020_173653.jpg
    IMG_20171020_173653.jpg