Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2017, 08:06 PM   #11
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

"Grabbing popcorn"... that usually means waiting to see a fight. Anticipating one?

//
Old 7th February 2017, 08:17 PM   #12
wesayso is offline wesayso  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
"Grabbing popcorn"... that usually means waiting to see a fight. Anticipating one?

//
Certainly not. Just expecting some time will pass before everything is finished. My bad to use that line out of context. I always link it with going to the movies.

So for me it was more like: sit back, relax and enjoy this ride.
Old 7th February 2017, 10:02 PM   #13
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Nice work !
Old 8th February 2017, 09:14 AM   #14
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRTT View Post
Subscribed : ) love this driver and later on when heard it 50 times in wesayso's living room is never to forget, nice amps and socks too : ) thanks sharing so far.
Quote:
Nice work!
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I want to run some tests on the amps I have to determine if I need to tweek the bias settings to get better performance.
Old 8th February 2017, 09:20 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
Looks fantastic! And those Wago clamps look nice! Very clean and easy. I'll have to find a source here. Not to cross-contaminate threads, but what volume did you end up with per driver?
You can get them from ebay.

20 Pcs 3 Way 3 Port Lever Clamp Lock Terminal Block AC 250V 32A PCT-213 | eBay

Or search for terminal block lever clamp.

They are hard to tell apart from the genuine article except QC isn't so good as I had one that had no actual clamp inside, the levers just flapped. Just buy more than you need.

You can can get genuine wago ones product code 222-413 from most of the distributers, newark, RS, Farnell.

My cabinet comes out at about 2L not taking into account bracing but allowing for the effects of damping.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 6.10.52 pm.png

I have some comments for your thread but they will have to wait as I don't have any more time right now
Old 8th February 2017, 09:22 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesayso View Post
Certainly not. Just expecting some time will pass before everything is finished. My bad to use that line out of context. I always link it with going to the movies.

So for me it was more like: sit back, relax and enjoy this ride.
Didn't take it any other way, I think you might need a few buckets it could still be a while
Old 9th February 2017, 08:49 AM   #17
Halair is online now Halair  Norway
diyAudio Member

Cool!

A norwegian team made a LA aswell but used only rubbery kind of glue to secure the drivers to baffle. (No rigid/fixed fixing so the drivers are not directly coupled to the baffle)
Old 9th February 2017, 10:42 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halair View Post
Cool!

A norwegian team made a LA aswell but used only rubbery kind of glue to secure the drivers to baffle. (No rigid/fixed fixing so the drivers are not directly coupled to the baffle)
Thanks!

I would really like to isolate the drivers from the baffle but I haven't been able to come up with a workable way to do it. Do you have a link to the Norwegian array?

I have glued small tweeters in place with silicone before, but they weighed next to nothing. I have also used magnet mounts but for 25 drivers it was too much for me to contemplate.
Old 9th February 2017, 01:15 PM   #19
Halair is online now Halair  Norway
diyAudio Member

Sure

DTP Line Source - Side 2

Post #31

They dont list what kind of glue they used but its a red liquid gasket (that cure to a rubbery solid).
The screws were used to hold in place while curing, removed afterwards.
Old 9th February 2017, 02:38 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halair View Post
Sure

DTP Line Source - Side 2

Post #31

They dont list what kind of glue they used but its a red liquid gasket (that cure to a rubbery solid).
The screws were used to hold in place while curing, removed afterwards.
Interesting, looks like they have made a sandwich of an outer baffle with roundover which maybe holds the driver down and the glue acts as a gasket. How do you then isolate the face baffle from everything else? This is why I couldn't find something simple.

Not sure about the NS3 drivers and the tweeter in the middle, he mentions the SEAS full range used in LXmini but not the TC9 even though Wesayso's thread is mentioned. I also really don't understand all the spaghetti wiring, that cannot be good.

Huge amount of work to make the cabinet like that on the inside, hats of to him for the effort.

Are you thinking about a Line array Mark 2 like you mention in that thread?

Last edited by fluid; 9th February 2017 at 02:44 PM.

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC CabinetHide this!Advertise here!